1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Notification tone - how to prevent while listening to Bluetooth speaker?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Liam548, Apr 21, 2020.

1. Liam548

Liam548 Android Enthusiast

As per the title really. I understand the note 10 plus has a dual Bluetooth channel so this should be possible but I cannot figure out how to get this working.

Basically when I am streaming music to my Bluetooth speaker or any source for that matter, how do I prevent notification tones such as sms WhatsApp low battery etc from being heard on the speaker? I only want music to be heard on the bluetooth speaker.

Thank you in advance

Liam

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. marctronixx

3. Liam548

That's what I have already done and I still hear message notifications on the Bluetooth speaker.

Attached Files:

4. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Put the phone in Silent mode or Vibrate only mode. Notifications will be muted, but your music apps should still play when started. That's what I do.

5. marctronixx

if you did that you did not do it right. this setting is designed to ONLY put out what sounds you have set up. id recheck your settings.

Liam548 likes this.
  6. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations!
    VIP Member

@marctronixx thank you for that video... I had no idea that setting was there!

marctronixx likes this.
  7. Liam548

I think the issue is you need to do it every time you start listening to the Bluetooth speaker. It doesn't remember it :(

8. marctronixx

that maybe true since the bluetooth device can be different each time one wants to use this.

9. Liam548

In always using the same speaker though. Shame its not one time only setting

marctronixx likes this.
  10. marctronixx

these are made for the masses so everyone wont be happy.

11. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations!
    VIP Member

In my case, though, it helps to set it each time - I have a BT speaker for my general working area, and a BT stereo headset. I can easily take calls on the headset, but I'd rather not take them on the speaker. Yes, I could always go back in a change that setting... but one way or another we would end up changing something to suit our situation...

marctronixx likes this.

Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Note 10 release date was August 2019. Features and Specs include a 6.3" inch screen, 12MP camera, 8GB RAM, Exynos 9825 processor, and 3500mAh battery.

August 2019
Release Date
Reviews