1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Notification Volume Separate from Rington Volume?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by lexluthor, May 3, 2012.

1. lexluthor

lexluthor Android Expert

Is there any way to have separate notification and ringtone volumes?

From the looks of it, this appears to be an ICS limitation. I found another thread that says this was fixed in 4.0.3, but isn't the One S 4.0.3 and I don't see any way to do this.

2. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique

3. lexluthor

lexluthor Android Expert

Have you tried that app? I think people are saying that ICS overrides apps like that and still won't allow you to separate them.

I guess, worst case, I can take the notification sound file and cut the amplitude down and see if that helps.

skaybaltimore likes this.
  4. skaybaltimore

skaybaltimore Lurker

THANK YOU! You just saved me a LOT of aggravation. I was able to get separate ringtone/notification volume controls on my Galaxy Exhilarate with ICS, but NOT on my brand new Moto X 1st gen with KK 4.4.4. It was driving me crazy (and I think things could get even worse with L 5.0). But since I do my own personalized phone ringtones and notification sounds all I have to do is lower the volume on the notification sounds as you suggested. GENIUS! I was wracking my brain and didn't hit on that one. THANK YOU!

HTC One S Forum

The HTC One S release date was April 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, MSM8290 processor, and 1650mAh battery.

April 2012
Release Date
Reviews