1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Notification widgets

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by samaruf, Feb 2, 2011.

1. samaruf

samaruf Well-Known Member

I just bought an Evo 4G and really enjoying the performance and the big screen. Wish the screen could be AMOLED like my Moment was.

I am wondering if there's an app/widget that would allow you to toggle 4G, wifi, bluetooth and volume from the notification bar. In the video below at around 3:40, the PhoneDog guy pulls down the notification bar to reveal some widgets. Does anyone know what this app or widget is called? I haven't rooted the phone yet. What's the ROM with the best accolades?

Thanks for your help or suggestions.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Extreme Android User

Check out the root for dummies thread for sure. This can be added to rooted phone or is packaged in quite a few custom roms like myns mikfroyo and fresh just to name a few.

3. samaruf

samaruf Well-Known Member

After having rooted the Moment several times, I should be able to root the Evo fairly easily. Just waiting to make sure the phone is stable before 30 days trial is up. I'm wondering if there is an app/widget for unrooted Evo being that it's 2.2 now.

4. kegacide

kegacide Member

i got that after rooting and flashing the Mikfroyo rom... not sure if its available without rooting...

5. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Extreme Android User

It isn't. And yes...the steps for unroot are in that thread as well.