• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Notification with no text

Was the one text message you received a long one consisting of a lot of text? Some carriers limit the size of text messages as they transit through their servers as they get exchanged to other carrier's servers so a really long message might get broken into two messages, an issue tied to how different carriers set their own arbitrary size limitations on texting messages. So it might be a matter of anything being 'lost' but more a matter of your carrier has different size limitation than the sender's carrier.
Of course if you're both using the same carrier and it was just a typical, not so big text message, that might be something to look into.

Upvote 0
Was the one text message you received a long one consisting of a lot of text? Some carriers limit the size of text messages as they transit through their servers as they get exchanged to other carrier's servers so a really long message might get broken into two messages, an issue tied to how different carriers set their own arbitrary size limitations on texting messages. So it might be a matter of anything being 'lost' but more a matter of your carrier has different size limitation than the sender's carrier.
Of course if you're both using the same carrier and it was just a typical, not so big text message, that might be something to look into.
I'll

Thank you for your feedback! In this case the text I did receive was short so that wasn't the case. Since I didn't receive a second text even though the icon had a bubble that read "2" I don't know if there even was a second text (of any length.)

Upvote 0
So is this the first time you've received that 2 notification but there's only one message? Or has it happened before, and if so, can you recall if it was sent from the same person?
The Textra app having a pretty large feature set with lots of customization options, it might be worth looking in its Settings menu in the Notifications section to see if any option might be relevant to what happened.
If this is the first time it happened though, it could just be a one-time glitch too. Or you might want to send a text message to whomever sent you this message, explaining that two message notification, and ask them to re-send that exact same message to see if the same thing happens on your end.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones