• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Notifications and Badges

hoodlums

Lurker
Jan 2, 2011
Hi, new to the forums here.
I googled the question a few times and looked through the forums for a bit, but had no luck. So I decided to start a thread and see if anyone know how to fix the problem I have.

I recently installed the Assonance Froyo ROM for my Captivate, and love it. However, there is one small issue I have with 2.2. When I get a text, I get the notification in the Notification drag down bar, and I also get a red (1) badge on my messaging app. When I hit the notification in the bar, it takes me to my text. If I close the text, the red 1 badge remains on my messaging app, even though I have already seen that new text. So I basically have to hit the app itself to look at the same message to clear to badge from the app.

I tried Handcent and ChompSMS, and while both are great, they share the problem of dual notifications.

I was wondering if there was a setting I could change in any of the 3 (default, chompsms, or Handcent) apps that would clear the badges from the app once I hit the notification in the bar, or simply disable the badge from the app itself.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones