1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Notifications bar keeps dropping down

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Judith H, Feb 2, 2020.

1. Judith H

Judith H Lurker

I have a samsung galaxy fold and am new to android. I am having a real issue with the notifications bar constantly dropping down when I'm trying to type something or use an app. I have checked all notifications settings and turned them all off except for messages. I've tried putting it on do not disturb. I have turned system UI alerts off but nothing works.

It just keeps popping up to show whatever the last notifications were even though I had seen them. If I clear then, it pops up with an empty notifications bar.

It's so annoying and happens intermittently.

I don't have any launchers installed and have hardly any knowledge of android but so far it's just not working for me.... Can anyone help please? Thank you.

Attached Files:

Advertisement

2. Dannydet

Dannydet Extreme Android User

Goto settings, apps and notifications, and scroll through each one to turn off

MoodyBlues and ocnbrze like this.
  3. JAy3001

JAy3001 Android Expert

Is it posible that there is a swipe down setting that is pulling the shade down? Now I know you said you don't have a launcher installed and that's fine. I do have Nova installed and its default setting is to allow you to swipe down on a homepage and have the shade come down.

MoodyBlues, Dannydet and ocnbrze like this.
  4. MoodyBlues

MoodyBlues Compassion is cool!
    VIP Member

This must be very annoying! But let me assure you that this is not typical Android behavior.

There has to be something triggering that action. Even if you're not using a launcher, as JAy noted some launchers (including mine, ADW) include or allow that behavior--so it's possible that your default launcher does, too. I haven't used an Android device without a third-party launcher in ≈10 years, so I can't be too specific. But if you go through your system settings looking for anything related to 'gestures,' your answer may be there.

The same action can happen as part of an alert--if that's how you've set it. I'd start by going into System Settings and finding the apps you've noticed this happening with, and look at their notification settings. Make sure 'urgent' [or anything that pops up] is not selected:

Screenshot_20200202-105710.png

Let us know if any of our suggestions helped, okay? If they haven't, don't despair! This is definitely not normal Android behavior, and we'll do our best to figure it out.