1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Notifications - Deal Breaker?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by DILands, May 12, 2015.

1. DILands

DILands Android Expert

Having used Lollopop on my M8, and my S6 - this makes no sense (no pun intended) - The following is from the Droid Life (p)review:
    )

Lollipop Notifications

On LG devices that run Lollipop, the company seems to have broken expandable notifications. This same issue was documented in our G Flex 2 review. When you have a notification, such as Gmail or Twitter, they are usually expandable for viewing. On LG devices, however, they are not. On the lock screen, they work just fine. You can expand, compact, and swipe away. Just as it should be. But when your phone is unlocked and you pull down your notification shade, you cannot interact with the notifications. You either swipe away or click on them. Since this is not the way Lollipop was made to work, it’s a big time annoyance coming from any phone that works properly. Hopefully LG addresses this issue in a future update.

2. dontpanicbobby

dontpanicbobby 100% That Guy
    VIP Member

Not a deal breaker for me. I have no issues with opening another app to a full notification or email..

3. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate!
    VIP Member

I hate the way lollipop handles notifications but I rarely use expanded notifications anyway so it's not a problem for me either.

#3 El Presidente, May 13, 2015
    Last edited: May 13, 2015
  4. Kuhns787

Kuhns787 Android Enthusiast

That would be a problem for me I rooted my G3 because I tried Lollipop and hated it and that was one of the features I did not like about it. So I am Leary of trying one of these new devices where it comes stock on them.

5. paulinacali

paulinacali Lurker

This could easily be fixed with a software update. Still, seems odd that they would have this problem.

LG G4 Forum

The LG G4 release date was April 2015. Features and Specs include a 5.5" inch screen, 16MP camera, 3GB RAM, Snapdragon 808 processor, and 3000mAh battery.

April 2015
Release Date
Reviews