1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Notifications disappear

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by thaKing, Mar 27, 2019.

1. thaKing

thaKing Android Enthusiast

Aug 3, 2012
    Lex Vegas
    I can wake in the morning with no notifications. However ,I open my phone and I'll have several emails waiting for me. A few minutes ago I got a calendar reminder and just ignored it because I wasn't home to take care of the task. I get home and open the phone, no calendar notification, it's gone. Cause? Fix?

Advertisement

2. thaKing

Aug 3, 2012
    Lex Vegas
    I need to bump this thread because it's so frequent. For example, I had a calendar reminder for 6pm today. At 530 I got another calendar reminder for another item. I immediately checked, both remained in my notifications. I checked back in 15 minutes and the 530 reminder was gone. Then, I got a few emails and texts and when I checked my notifications the 6pm reminder was gone as well. I have this happen with emails all the time. I'll get emails, and the notifications remain sometimes for just seconds before disappearing. Other times they stay for some time before they are gone.

3. thaKing

Aug 3, 2012
    Lex Vegas
    Bueller? Bueller?

4. thaKing

Aug 3, 2012
    Lex Vegas
    Last time I'll bump before moving to another forum site for suggestions. Anyone?

5. svim

svim Android Expert

Dec 19, 2013
    Illinois
    I'm a little confused if there is a problem here. When you view your Notifications and check various items they'll be automatically cleared as they're viewed. Is this a matter where you want to each item to stay in the Notifications menu until you manually select them to be cleared or left as is?

Depending on which version of Android your S10+ is running this may not apply but if you set up 'Notifications log' it will keep a persistent record of notification entries in a viewable log file (going back a few days, with newer entries wiping the oldest entries on a continuous basis). On older versions you need to enable it manually but on newer versions is the option might be buried in your Settings menu:
    https://www.howtogeek.com/242073/how-to-view-notifications-youve-dismissed-on-android/
    That link also refers to an 'Unnotification' app you can get from the Play Store that might help do what you want.

6. thaKing

Aug 3, 2012
    Lex Vegas
    I understand that clicking on a notification or if you go into your email the email notification disappears, for example. This is different. Mine disappear with no interaction.

1) I can be on chrome, for example, and hear a mail notification and see the icon pop-up in the notification area. And that same icon sometimes immediately disappears just as soon as it appears. I never have to go into the notifications for it to disappear.

2) I can leave my phone down for hours. On the AOD I can see I have a calendar reminder, email, and a Facebook notification (for example). Without ever opening the phone, I will look at the AOD and now only see the Facebook notification.

Those are just two examples of them disappearing.

7. svim

svim Android Expert

Dec 19, 2013
    Illinois
    OK, that does clear up things. If you can't correct this notification problem by messing with its settings I wonder if this might be tied to something with Samsung Experience (previously Touchwiz), the user interface/launcher. Try going into your Settings >> Apps menu, find and open that Experience app, and then tap on its 'Clear cache' button. A more drastic step would be to use 'Clear data' and then be sure to restart your S10+, but using Clear data might affect a lot of things you've set up on your phone (appearance and UI related).

8. thaKing

Aug 3, 2012
    Lex Vegas
    I'm using nova launcher pro, if that matters. Do you know any settings to check?

9. svim

svim Android Expert

Dec 19, 2013
    Illinois
    Ahhh, that might be something to look into then. I haven't used Nova but others here praise it highly, hopefully they'll chime in with suggestions.