1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Notifications During Calls

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by maggieo, Sep 15, 2011.

1. maggieo

maggieo Well-Known Member
    None

Jul 31, 2011
    I would like to get a little "in the ear" sound during a phone call, when a txt (sms/mms) or EMail comes in. I was under the impression that the Androids had this feature, and I see in some forums where people want to turn it off. I want to turn it ON on my Samsung Charge. Any help would be appreciated.

Advertisement

2. moondrius

moondrius Android Enthusiast
    None

Apr 29, 2010
    Baltimore MD
    Well sms should make a noise when one comes through. If not handcent sms does include that feature. As for email once again I believe it does. If you are on 3g you will not get email notifications because you will not have an active data signal while on the phone.

maggieo likes this.
  3. BigCiX

BigCiX Android Expert

Jul 30, 2010
    California
    There should be a faint beep when your on the phone. That beep means there's a notification.

maggieo likes this.
  4. maggieo

None

Jul 31, 2011
    I swear I don't think I hear anyhting.. and I definitely was used to hearing on my Blackberry.. Good point re the email - have to be on 4G.. Unfortunately, turns out my house is 2.5 miles from the nearest verizon tower and we have trouble getting on the internet.. So we cut a deal w/verizon to get a network/range expander - then your phones join your home internet - but for that they have to be on 3G.. also - my battery lasts a lot onger on 3G.. but - I will re-test that out.. maybe I'm just mmissing it.. I've heard a lot of good stuff about Handcent. I might just get that- but I think that's just for SMS, not for email etc.. but still I should try it.. Thanks folks.. I swear I'm not hearing anything.. no idea why... Is there a setting anywhere to turn it on or off? Actually, while I'm complaining - I really wish the "stock" ringtones were louder. I put on some different ones, but they are on my SD card and if I dont do the correct "mount or unmount" when I plug my phone in USB then I don't get any notification at all..

Thanks again - I'm still interested in any thoughts on this subject - I really don't hear my SMS come through when I'm on my phone via bluetooth.

5. maggieo

None

Jul 31, 2011
    Hi there - I did another test tonight and I did actually hear a sound.. I think in the past I might have thought it was call-waiting.. Still getting used to my droid.. Thanks for your help.. Is the tone for email the same? I don't have 4g at home - so I have to test that next week at work. Thanks again.. Is there any way to get ringtones onto the phone itself - the internal memory so they don't have the issues with the SD card when it's plugged into the computer? Thanks..