1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Notifications in DL30

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ggt1_02, Feb 2, 2011.

1. ggt1_02

ggt1_02 Well-Known Member

Some time today a problem arose, I no longer receive audible notifications for google talk, yahoo mail, or handset. Gmail, and phone both work fine. When ever I attempt to set a notification the phone locks up and I eventually get a wait/force close message about system settings.

I have cleared my cache, and davlik in CW and made sure there were no defaults for anything.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. saps

saps Extreme Android User

I had the same problem in handcent for a bit. Just make sure you have notifications checked in notification settings. I hide my notification bar with LP+ so this is a non issue for me. I just to uncheck this and it still chimes but it seems and I could be wrong but it seems the newest revision has changed this. For google talk same thing just make sure all your notifications are right. You might try a fix permissions in clockwork's advanced section too might or might not help

3. ggt1_02

Tries all of that stuff saps, looks like I might have to reflash the rom again, everything is getting kind of wonky.

4. nikkgmm

nikkgmm Lurker

I had the same exact issue. As stupid as it sounds, one or more of the tones/music you use or have on your sd card is DRM locked. I took all the non system audio off my phone and put back one at a time then tried to access the notifications. It ended up being my ring tone. Once I deleted it from my card, everything is working fine.

5. ggt1_02

Thanks for the tip. That's a lot of music to sort through. I ended up flashing Super Clean v.8 and do not have the issue anymore. I do now get 2 DRM notifications when I mount the USB, so the issue is still underlying just not affecting me yet.

6. nikkgmm

nikkgmm Lurker

Actually My issue came back. Where is the link for the super clean v.8?

7. ggt1_02

I am on to 1.0 now here you go Super Clean 1.0

8. nikkgmm

nikkgmm Lurker

Thank you.

Samsung Fascinate Forum

The Samsung Fascinate release date was Q3 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.0" inch screen, 5MP camera, GB RAM, Hummingbird processor, and 1500mAh battery.

Q3 2010
Release Date
Reviews