• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Notifications: Is Samsung the only one that gets it?!?

cfk1

Lurker
Aug 4, 2011
So photon will be android model #6 for me. 3 samsungs (moment, Epic4G, etc), and 2 HTCs (Evo 4G, etc). I have multiple, non-gmail, email accounts coming to the device and the Samsungs (and even pre-android, not quite 3g blackberrys) have an option to assign a separate ringtone to each email account. I couldn't find a way to do it on the HTCs, the HTC rep suggested I find some sort of app for that, it looks like it will be the same on the Photon.
Am I missing something, is there a way to do this, or does someone know of an app? Or IS Samsung the only one that gets it? I don't like to fish out my phone, wake up my phone, unlock my phone and go into notifications to see which account is notifying me of new mail, just to find out it is some junk in my personal mail. I want to be able to tell which mail account is notifying me by the tone. Work email can be important, but 99% of the time, personal mail is either junk or otherwise extremely un-urgent.
Any suggestions?

Under the app "ACCOUNTS" is a choice specifically for "HOTMAIL", with that you can use the email notification sound. Then, if you go to the market and get the GMAIL app, you can set up a separate notification sound with that. As far as any other ways to do more ringtones, I don't know.

I only have those two accounts and that's plenty for me. I may get a work email on the phone but I'll deal with that when I get there.

Upvote 0
Sorry, I am actually trying to get separate notification tones for 2 non-gmail accounts. The default gmail app allows me to set a tone just for gmail. The standard email app will let you set notification tone, but it sets the same tone for all accounts in that app.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones