• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Notifications missing from status bar

AtotheJ

Lurker
Dec 18, 2019
New to the forums, appreciate any help I can get.

I am using a Samsung Galaxy S9+ on Verizon. OS is Android 9 Pie and phone just installed this update 2 days ago: G965USQS7CSK5

Since the update there are now no notifications from any of my 300+ apps (over half of which are bundled) in the status bar. App icon buttons on the home screen still get icon badges with the number of waiting notifications, but nothing in the status bar or when I swipe down. Messages have always been spotty, sometimes 20 SMS will come through all at once and the icon badge for that is hit and miss too.

I saw an older post someone mentioned lock screen notifications having a setting about hiding sensitive data, which was not one of the options in my status bar menu.

Any ideas out there?

I don't use Galaxy S9+, but I think some way bellow from my Xiaomi experience can help you in some way:
- Restart the device:
Old but gold :v you should do it first before coming to the next way.
- Check the "Do not disturb" status:
Most Android phones come with a Do Not Disturb mode. This mode allows your Android device to block all notifications, spam emails, etc. except applications or software that you allow. So please check the Do not disturb mode to turn it off.
Settings > Sound & vibration > Sound. Turn of the DND – Do Not Disturb if it's turned on.
With S9 or some modern Android devices, you can search DND on the search bar on the top in Settings
- Check App notifications:
Settings > Notifications & status bar > App notifications
.Here you select the application to check the notification in the section Show notifications
- Check out the manufacturer's exclusive battery savers:
Some manufacturers have added more battery-saving tools, automatically blocking applications that are deemed unimportant. So you need to check if your Android device comes with any other internal optimization features. You can check it in the Security section os the Battery section.
- Check whether the background data is enabled:
You can restrict applications to access mobile data in the background. This makes the application unable to connect to the internet, thereby potentially not showing notifications on your phone.
Settings > Data usage > Choose an app > Check Background data.
=====
If you can make it, you can reinstall the old version or do a warranty check. Hope you will make it. Good luck!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones