1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Notifications: SMS Sound on, email sound off

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by BeachGuy, Feb 5, 2011.

1. BeachGuy

BeachGuy Newbie

Ok, just got my LG Optimus V, LOVE IT! Only having one problem. I have it set up for my gmail account on the native email app.

On the main android setup (from main screen, Menu:Settings:Sound:Notification Ringtone) I have this set as TXT_Tone_1.

In the stock email Account Settings, I have the Email Notifications turned on, Select Ringtone to Silent.

In the stock Messaging settings, I have the Notifications turned on, Select Ringtone to TXT_Tone_1.

I want it so that email doesn't play a sound, but sms does. However these settings plays sound for both. I have gone back and turned off the main android setup sound to Silent, but then it is silent for both. How can I set this up so I get sound on SMS messages, but silent on email notifications?

Thanks for any help on this!!! I've searched the forums and couldn't find a good answer to it.

BeachGuy

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. BeachGuy

BeachGuy Newbie

FYI, figured it out. I didn't notice there was a separate dedicated Gmail application on the phone. When I deleted the account info on the generic email program and used the Gmail app, I set the notification on that to silent. That did the trick. Now emails show up on notification bar silently while SMS will play a notification sound.

LG Optimus V Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews