• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Notifications

jeffW_old

Lurker
Sep 26, 2009
Will hopefully be coming to the Android Hero when it comes out, but one thing is a deal breaker for me. I am on call 24/7 and have a application on my Blackberry (Message Alerts)that turns off all e-mail notifications at night except if received from two different accounts. Does anyone know if there an equivalent for the Android?

I use "Quick Profiles". I have my nighttime profile to only ring the phone and no other notifications. I have a daytime profile to set the phone to normal mode. You have to remember to activate each profile though, they are not automatic. You could also look into "Locale" which will control you phone by a bunch of different criteria and it is automatic. I just didn't need all the bells and whistles.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones