1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Notifications

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Johnny Racer, Dec 27, 2011.

1. Johnny Racer

Johnny Racer Newbie

Being new to the world of Android phones and more specifically the Bionic, I have a small nuesence. On my old phone I was able to receive alrerts when I received new text messages. It would also vibrate when a new message came in on silent mode. So far I have not been able to figue out why or how on my Bionic to acheive the same thing. When the phone is in silent mode I have nothing to notify me I had a text message, email, or anything else. Only calls make the phone vibrate. How can can I get the phone to vibrate when I receieve a new text message?

Also, part 2 to this messaging dilema, I am getting new audible notifications that are not text messages. It sends Facebook and email notification sounds as well. How can I make it so that the only time I get a audible notification is when I get a text? I do not want to be woken up everytime a friend comments on a post or I get junk email. LOL

Thanks in advance for your help.

Mike

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. New Rising

New Rising Android Enthusiast

Have you checked your message settings to make your sure the notifications are enabled? text messages>menu>message settings>scroll to the bottom to the notification settings. There's a vibrate when notified setting. Or if you go to the sound settings and vibrate you can change the vibrate settings. menu>settings>sound>vibrate

3. mamawm

mamawm Well-Known Member

if you're not interested in getting facebook notifications, just open the app, hit menu, go to settings and turn off notofications.

4. Johnny Racer

Johnny Racer Newbie

Thanks guys. Both of those tips worked flawless. Was unaware that there is a menu for each app.

Motorola Droid Bionic Forum

The Motorola Droid Bionic release date was September 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, TI OMAP 4430 processor, and 1735mAh battery.

September 2011
Release Date
Reviews