1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

notifications

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by coronetrt, Dec 21, 2012.

1. coronetrt

coronetrt Lurker

I am looking to buy the Maxx HD and was playing with it in the store. I am not a fan of on screen notifications that tell you that you have a text or email and who it was from. It seems when I disabled the pop ups in the store that it also disabled the vibration alert. Is this true or am I mistaken. I want to get the vibration but not the on screen pop up.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. robdec17

robdec17 Member

I didnt know you could have it show the popups. Since I have had this phone I have never received any onscreen popups for email or sms. I get the notifications in the notifications bar at the top and that's it.

3. jschlis

jschlis Newbie

Yes that is what I meant. When you get the notifications in the pop up bar they show who it is from. I prefer not to get those especially at work.

4. hansangb

hansangb Android Enthusiast

I'm sure there are apps or widgets that can do this in the Play store. But just as an FYI, stock email and gmail apps allow you to turn off notifications (at the top) as does Handscent SMS app. I'm not 100% sure about whether you can keep it to vibrate only, but I believe I recall seeing it in Handscent.

Motorola Droid RAZR HD / MAXX HD Forum

The Motorola Droid RAZR HD / MAXX HD release date was November 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.7" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon S4 Plus processor, and 3300mAh battery.

November 2012
Release Date
Reviews