1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Notifications

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by mbtaylor29, Jan 12, 2013.

1. mbtaylor29

mbtaylor29 Newbie

Ive had my Note 2 for about a month now and I love it. I had the "Droiiiiid" notification and then on my Galaxy Nexus I had "Nexxxxuss" I was just curios if there is one like those out there for the Note 2. I know "Nootte 2" wouldnt sound as sweet as others but do you guys know of any sweet notifications that would work for the note 2?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. andygu3

andygu3 Android Expert

I've always been a fan of Monty Python's "Message for ya sir!" notification :D

3. Bodestone

Bodestone Android Enthusiast

It could be good to find a memorable moovie/TV quote involving the word Note that could be used. I can't think of anything off the top of my head. I actually have the startup tone of the BBC Micro B as my message tone.

4. PhilosoRaptor

PhilosoRaptor Android Enthusiast

I use misc. sounds from video games I've played; Sound effects from old Mario, Zelda, Metroid games and sounds from newer games too like Metal Gear Solid (codec sound), Phantasy Star Online, Final Fantasy games, etc.

Just download Zedge go to notification sounds, menu > categories, then select the categories (I usually select games) of notifications you want. Or if you're thinking of a certain one from a popular game, search for it and it's probably on there.

JunBringer likes this.
  5. erry

erry Well-Known Member

R2D2!.. and a submarine sonar for emails

6. Prepaidguy9081

Prepaidguy9081 Android Enthusiast

Any ogg or mp3 file can be used
    On ur sd card or internal memory use the following folders
    Ringtones
    Notifications

7. JunBringer

JunBringer Android Expert

I've cut out various sounds from Michael Jackson songs like the guitar noodle from the beginning of Black And White and the AAAHHHHHHH!!! from Scream. I've wanted one of DMX saying "What!!" for a long time but couldn't get it to work well.

Thanks for the app rec PhilosoRaptor!

8. bevr0919

bevr0919 Lurker

I just got my Note 2 yesterday and I love it. I am just trying to figure out if it is possible to assign a different sms tone for each individual contact? Any help would be appreciated.

9. Bodestone

Bodestone Android Enthusiast

If you use GO SMS you can.
    Settings->Individual Settings

I only looked for that setting just now but have been using it since my Note 1. It's great. When you get an SMS it can pop up in a small window over whatever you are doing so you can reply there and then without having to go into the full app. Themes, more functionality. All sorts.

Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Note 2 release date was September 2012. Features and Specs include a 5.5" inch screen, 8MP camera, 2GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 3100mAh battery.

September 2012
Release Date
Reviews