1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Nougat 7.1 on S3- Gti9300

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by gregg1100, Nov 29, 2016.

1. gregg1100

gregg1100 Android Enthusiast

[​IMG]

Advertisement

2. gregg1100

Got as far as getting rom and gapps back on, but after putting in wifi password a dozen times, , it will not go further. A red line turned up at end of gapps installation---unable to mount sd card.
    ???

3. James L

James L Android Expert

Use a build from a different date, some will boot some won't, i guess it all depends on the end users device. Some fight and others give in easy. Adb sideload the rom and gapps then factory reset so it boots clean.

Jfalls63 likes this.
  4. Jfalls63

Jfalls63 Android Expert

With the SD card in your phone and Phone connected to your PC, you can't see both, phone internal storage and SD card like my PC screen shot in post #11?
    You should be able to copy files saved off old SD card directly to the new SD in the phone with it formatted correctly.

James L likes this.
  5. codezer0

codezer0 Android Enthusiast

Dang... Android 7 on a phone that stopped officially around android 4? I gotta thank you for this thread then, op. I didn't think that was going to be possible, considering how much of a leap in hardware has happened since the s3 first showed up. Color me impressed.

Jfalls63 likes this.
  6. gregg1100

My OnePlus 5 seemed to be acting up, so going back to manufacturers.
    Reverting back to one of my old S3's, I managed to get one working with 7.1 on it.
    The other is not playing ball. I have the rom, twrp and gapps on the sd card, but the phone refuses to MOUNT data. Lots of RED writing on screen saying "failed to mount data"
    On the Mount screen on TWRP 3.0.2.1, the Data square will not fill up with a tick- can anyone tell me why that is, please ??

7. gregg1100

Actually running 7.1.1 :D:D

A lot of help given by Jfalls63- for which I am grateful. And other guys of course.

#32 gregg1100, Jan 8, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2018
  8. gregg1100

Wondering where Jfalls63 is ??
    Not seen him for a while

9. gregg1100

Hi,-- messing around with the old S3's again after a good while. My OnePlus 5 has gone for repair with O2- no internet- so I needed to get one of the S3's working.
    They were slow on Lineage 14 (android 7.1) so dropped them down to Omni rom 5.1.1.
    One of the phones won't show any sim card, so practising on that. Tried flashing Resurrection Remix 7.1.2, but came up with a red noticeline- Unable to Mount Storage.
    Can anyone tell me please what I have missed out or not done properly to get Storage Mounted.
    Thanks,
    Greg

10. gregg1100

Found it. I put Omnirom 5.1 back on both phones. Slowish, but not as slow as RR 7.1.2. ;)

Jfalls63 likes this.

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews