1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Nougat Ruined my S7 Edge. Final steps before downgrade?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by perpetualjon, Jul 9, 2017.

1. perpetualjon

perpetualjon Newbie

Nougat was recently updated to my AT&T Galaxy S7 Edge. At first, I've notied that the "Continue Update" was still present in the Software Update control panel along with a flag requiring attention. The phone randomly blacks out / locks up. Unlocking the phone (I have it set just to press the unlock button on the side, now takes a good 20 seconds for the screen to wake up. Many apps can't access data on the external SD card.

I suspect a lot of bad possible causes but I'm very close to backing up completely, wiping the phone, and reloading the previous ROM. Still, this seems like the "nuke it from orbit" solution. Are there things I can do besides a reboot to see if that helps? I'm at my wits end and would really like this phone to work again liked it used to!!!

I've already made a backup and I'm currently hunting for the latest ROM's for my device. If I don't hear back in a few hours, I'll probably just get started by maybe there's a few things to check that I can do before getting so darn drastic!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. perpetualjon

perpetualjon Newbie

I think that may have fixed it. Thx!

tube517, Dannydet and Jfalls63 like this.
  3. Not Rich

Not Rich Newbie

If you get other problems as i did stick with it, you will eventually get updates.

My s7 had wifi battery draining problems and after factory resetting etc did no good I eventually found out the problem was google play, I think if I uninstalled updates for play the battery problem sorted itself. An update came along and sorted it.

Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge release date was March 2016. Features and Specs include a 5.5" inch screen, 12MP camera, 4GB RAM, Snapdragon 820 processor, and 3600mAh battery.

March 2016
Release Date
Reviews