• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Nov OTA not wanting to install?

admile3

May 19, 2010
So my phone has notified me a couple times now that the Vcast update has been ready to install.. I really couldnt care less about the Vcast part of the update, but I wouldnt mind updating for the few improvement tweaks, and so that my phone will stop notifying me about the update

So my phone gives me the option to "Install Now" "Install Later" and "More Info" or whatever the options are worded... I've tried 3 different times to "Install Now", and it reboots the phone, but does nothing after the reboot. No Vcast shows up, no downloading of the OTA takes place, etc.

Anyone know what I'm doing wrong, or what's wrong with my phone to not allow me to do the update?

Also, on an unrelated (possibly related?) note, whenever someone tries to send me a picture message, I always get that it cant be downloaded due to "Generic Network Error" or "Unknown Error"... I just simply can NOT get a picture to download from a text message and it's really pissing me off, as I'd like for it to work.

Thank you for any help that can be provided.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones