1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Nova does not remove app icon in home screens

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by AZgl1500, Oct 7, 2014.

1. AZgl1500

AZgl1500 Extreme Android User

Yep, on my S5, I noticed that when I removed an app, the shortcut icons remain on the home pages/folders

So, I wrote to Nova Support. They get Kudos for immediate replies to their customers. :D

see the email chain.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi John,

Thank you for the report - Kevin will look into when he gets caught up after his recent break :)

thanks again,

Sol

Think we're doing a great job? Please rate us on the Play Store! We appreciate every review we get =)

On Mon, Oct 6, 2014 at 4:30 PM, John ..... wrote:
    as the title says,

TouchWiz removes the app icons from any/all screens the app icon might be on.

Nova does not.

Just leaves it there and complains that the app is missing.

Bad wrinkle sir, would highly appreciate this being fixed when your work day isn't too overloaded.

Thank you
    John .....

oh, i bought the prime key, I think all developers should be rewarded for their efforts.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. jejb

jejb Well-Known Member

Nova removes the app and all shortcuts on my S5. Works just as expected. NI2, rooted. But it worked on NI2, unrooted also.

3. nelamvr6

nelamvr6 Well-Known Member

Nova removes all instances of the icon whenever I uninstall an app...

4. AZgl1500

Hmmmm, never has for me. Not on the 4.4.2 version nor the updated 4.4.4 version

The phone has had several restarts.
    I suppose I could make a fresh backup, remove Nova, reinstall and then import the backup home pages.

5. Vixer

Vixer Member

I have been on the S5 for about a month and Nova Launcher Prime for about 2 weeks.

Don't know if the Lock Desktop under Desktop options in the Nova settings, second from the bottom, would prevent app shortcut icons from being deleted or not from your homescreen/pages.

You could see if you have the desktop locked.

6. m_spatrn

m_spatrn Lurker

I've experienced what you are describing but not with any consistencey. A quick restart always seems to clear up the leftovers icons in my case.

7. AZgl1500

It's not hard to get rid of them... pressing it of course gives the message "app missing", so I just press it again long enough for the menu to come up, and then click 'remove'

8. Laurence02

Laurence02 Lurker

Funny - I've experienced it somehow, but a Nova Restart always fixed it.

Samsung Galaxy S5 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S5 release date was April 2014. Features and Specs include a 5.1" inch screen, 16MP camera, 2GB RAM, Snapdragon 801 processor, and 2800mAh battery.

April 2014
Release Date
Reviews