• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Nova Launcher Folder on Swipe?

komobu

Feb 18, 2012
Is it possible to open a folder on nova launcher by swipe? My plan would be to place a folder in my app drawer with direct dial contacts. When I swipe up or to the side, the folder would open allowing me to select who I want to call. It would almost be like "Edge" for my note 4.

Thanks for any help

You can swipe to open desktop folders in Nova, though if you have multiple homescreens you have to swipe vertically (horizontal switches screen).

There doesn't seem to be an option to swipe app drawer folders open - just touching opens them. I don't know whether you can put contact shortcuts in an app drawer folder because I don't have any contact shortcuts to begin with.

Upvote 0
You can open a folder via a swipe with nova if you have a file browser installed to open folders on your device.

But I believe you are asking about the homepage folders that are created when you drop shortcuts on top of each other. In this case you cannot do this via nova.

However you can go into your contacts, select a contact and then select "place on home screen". From there you can drop all these contacts into a homepage folder which only requires you to touch the folder once to open and once to open the contact.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20161124-215209.png
    Screenshot_20161124-215209.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 126
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones