• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Nova launcher?

Hi guys (i'm new here)
I'd like to install the Nova launcher on my new xperia z. Good choice? Bad choice? And because i don't know how it works can i delete it and return to the xperia z launcher later?
Last question: looking for a widget or whatever, to show me notifications of emails by accounts, sms's and calls. Is there any good one that does it, preferebly on a stand by mode?
Best regars to you all
Pedro

Tks for your reply.
Indeed if you like it or not. Well, i gotta say that the main reason of installing the nova launch is that because it has a notifier screen, on stand by i guess, of you emails, sms and calls. But soon i found out 2 things : this nova launcher is not much better than the new launcher of xperia z, and that widget or aplication of notifier is paid. Suddenly i like a lot my xperia z launcher.
One last question : do you know any notifier app like i said above?
Many thanks for your help
Best regards
Pedro

Upvote 0
Hi pccamara, welcome to Android Forums! The best place for your question would be in the Xperia Z forum here: Sony Xperia Z - Android Forums

I can move this thread if you like, or you can start another thread there.

Good to see another new user here, feel free to hang around the lounge for some discussion on things non-android, or even play some of the forum games here: Forum Games - Android Forums

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
this nova launcher is not much better than the new launcher of xperia z

It has some features lacking from the Xperia Home launcher, and vice versa. I use Nova on my own Z because of the customisation possible; with a change of the screen layout grid, the size of the icons and theme it's a completely different-looking device. :)

that widget or aplication of notifier is paid.

Tesla Unread is free, but it's functionality requires the paid version of Nova Launcher (Nova Prime).

do you know any notifier app like i said above?

A quick search of Google Play turned up lots of different ones here. Hopefully one of these will suit your needs.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones