1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

NOVA not working?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by facekl, Jun 27, 2010.

1. facekl

facekl Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2010
    I recently bought the gameloft game NOVA. When I open it up, it says it has to download something to run. After its done, it says it has been downloaded and click to continue. I click but then it exits out of the app. What's wrong?

Advertisement

2. linzgeneral

linzgeneral Well-Known Member

May 29, 2010
    I am in the same boat. Bought from Gameloft online for $5. Get to the tutorial and it always forcecloses from there. Tried over a million times to no avail. Had seen another thread on this earlier but got no answers.

3. Malicious

Malicious Member

Apr 25, 2010
    Hardware Tech
    West Coast
    I also bought the game from game loft.e works great for me no problems.not sure if it matters but I'm on fresh 03

4. facekl

facekl Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2010
    does anyone have a fix

5. cabbie

cabbie Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2010
    i might. I purchased 'dungeon hunter' when there was no option for EVO after reading on here that people were able to select motorola droid as the phone and it still worked. So I did that, and after the installer grabbed the massive file it would force close HTC sense every time.

They have since added the EVO as an official option, so I uninstalled dungeon hunter, repurchased (ugh) and downloaded it. Once the installer grabbed the massive file again, same thing happened: force closed my phone.

As a last ditch effort, this is what I did:
    *uninstalled dungeon hunter
    *opened up Astro and deleted the "gameloft" folder on the SD card (which is where the real file is)
    *rebooted and also battery pull
    *reinstalled the installer and downloaded the file.

Works perfect. Its beautiful. I tihnk my problem was that I never deleted the 'gameloft' folder the 2nd time and perhaps since I first did it with a version optimized for the Droid, and perhaps the first EVO download didn't replace all the files it needed and caused it to FUBAR. Regardless, I played it for an hour today and its awesome. I am going to buy NOVA next.

6. RaiseUp151z

RaiseUp151z Well-Known Member

May 23, 2010
    I got NOVA for my EVO...had no problems running it...although I don't really like the play it's not smooth & lags a lot is it the graphic cap?

7. cabbie

cabbie Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2010
    it is almost certainly the graphics cap assuming you dont have other apps bogging down your phone.

Dungeon Hunter is MOSTLY smooth. A bit of lag here and there, but Froyo should make it move like butta. I can see how NOVA might be more intensive than DH though.

Facekl, did the fix I suggested work for you?

8. BusaWizard

BusaWizard Member

Jun 10, 2010
    I have Nova, no problems here.

9. facekl

facekl Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2010
    Thank you so much! It works!

Tags: