1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Root NOVA or APEX?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by wobbie, Aug 5, 2013.

1. wobbie

wobbie Newbie

:cool: Ok I been trying out both and i'm starting to lean towards apex. i feel like u can do more and it seems really smooth.. but then again i have just started testing both out. I like how u can make the dock a different color on apex and a few other things better. Im not sure if nova can do the same on the pro.. trying to decide which pro i wanna buy. both in my opinion are great. They def both are the best for the LG Spirit. But let me hear your guys's input: OK......GO: :p

Advertisement

2. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique

Honestly have never used Apex, exclusively Nova (now Prime) since it was released. Looking through the settings, I don't believe you can change the background on the dock, just the icon size and height/width. Here's my homescreen:
    [​IMG]
    It's well worth the few bucks for prime and it's updated frequently. :)

3. bnb25

bnb25 Android Expert

I use Apex. I like the tablet mode on it. No stupid annoying dock tacking up room. and a nice little square icon in the corner to get to your app drawer. You can also resize widgets.

4. skrapmetal

skrapmetal Android Enthusiast

Tried apex, I'm a nova fan here. I also like holo due to its small file size. I used to use only GOlauncher but its SO bloated now. If you have the coin TSF Shell is awesome.

5. GameTheory

GameTheory Android Expert

6. rbheromax

rbheromax Android Expert

Honestly I used Holo launcher HD
    But between these two, I'd pick Apex

7. midnclb

midnclb Newbie

Apex user here, nova acts funny on my phone , can't tell why it just does.

8. exile1975

exile1975 Well-Known Member

I use Nova prime, you can hide the dock and show it with gestures, or disable completely if you want. Also it can be run from /system which is a huge plus given its size. If your interested a program called system cleanup is very useful to move programs into system, and updates as well.

9. bnb25

bnb25 Android Expert

10. Thatdad

Thatdad Android Expert

Nova in my opinion. Don't get me wrong Apex isn't bad, Nova is just better for my needs.

11. Shurple

Shurple Android Enthusiast

Apex here!

12. GameTheory

GameTheory Android Expert

13. sahi2myfriend

sahi2myfriend Well-Known Member

Nova prime,it gives you some dope options.like,in looks and feels the faster than light options for your animations.it makes your phone much snappier.

14. bnb25

bnb25 Android Expert

nope nova stinks. its to flashy like going to Las Vegas. Lots of lights but no substance.

15. bnb25

bnb25 Android Expert

16. sahi2myfriend

sahi2myfriend Well-Known Member

Bro since I had a smartphone I've already bought launcher pro,adw,apex,go launcher and nova.after trying all of them I gots to stick with nova so far it seems to be the snappiest of them all (my opinion).

17. bnb25

bnb25 Android Expert

they really need a dislike click lol:rolleyes: I'm joking I really don't care everyone likes what they like.

18. wobbie

wobbie Newbie

I like thing about nova and apex.. im using the samurai rom right now ty btw gt. Dope rom. And the nova has been smooth but i like on apex how u can change the icon sizes and few other things. I wish nova could have a baby with apex and there child would b the best lol

19. Mikito1976

Mikito1976 Android Enthusiast

Nova Prime. Very pleased with it.

20. pmb116

pmb116 Android Enthusiast

Nova prime hands down. You can change the dock color, icon size and just about any other option you can think of.

21. wobbie

wobbie Newbie

Ya just got nova prime. Needs more screen flip animations.. and a lil more added things but def satisfied getting nova prime

22. Thatdad

Thatdad Android Expert

Started just using Smart Launcher. Way better than both IMHO

23. bnb25

bnb25 Android Expert

"Get in my bella"

24. Thatdad

Thatdad Android Expert

Lil babeh

Tags: