• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Nova Plus -- How to disable noise cancellation

gellertb

Lurker
Apr 12, 2017
There seems to be an over-implemented feature when any video is recorded using any app on the phone that will drastically distort music. This feature is brilliant for calls and skype, but hair-splittingly annoying when trying to record a video for Instagram.

I can't seem to find any setting for this anywhere on the phone and it seems to be system managed, meaning it doesn't matter if I try to record from the Camera app, Instagram, Snapchat or a 3rd party camera app from the play store -- the noise cancellation brutally butchers up the audio every time.

I know that the mic is fully capable of recording background music beautifully because the phone is DTS enabled and the first 0.5 seconds of recorded video are always in full HD audio before the noise cancellation kicks in.

Last edited:

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones