• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

NOVA wont start.

nochance

May 25, 2010
I decided to purchase Spiderman HD for my EVO and take advantage of their buy 1 get 1 free promo. I installed NOVA, it went through and finished the download process. But when I go to play it, nothing happens. The screen goes black for a split second like it's going to load, then it goes back to my apps screen.

Trying to find a solution, I started searching Google. I was totally unaware of the update that was just rolled out for our phones, which included a NOVA demo. I forced the update then I uninstalled everything and started over. I loaded up the demo and it ran fine. I used the in game link to buy the game thinking it would give me some checkout options. Mainly a re-download or unlock link if it was already purchased.

I know they have the re-download link online, but that version of the game wasn't working. Figured an in game option would be an alternative. Wrong. I'm only out $4.99 but I'm wondering if the NOVA demo that I bought is the HD one they advertise online?

I've already sent them an email about the issue, hoping that if I did end up buying NOVA "HD" and selecting it as my free game, they can at least let me choose another free game from their BOGO list as the game link they gave me was a bugged version.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones