1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Now back to Samsung

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jimbro, Oct 27, 2014.

1. jimbro

jimbro Newbie

I've just had to send my HTC One back for repair for the 2nd time in 6 months so I've gone back to Samsung and bought the Note3
    Wish I'd bought this before. It's awesome.

My current 64gb micro sd card is almost full so I've ordered the new SanDisk 128gb one.
    Suggestions on copying files from my pc to the card? I know it has usb3 but it would take ages to copy this lot.
    Are these cards already the correct format to copy from my pc and just stick it straight into the note 3
    Cheers and expect more questions as I use it more ;)

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. johnpjackson

johnpjackson Android Enthusiast

Do we know for sure that the Note 3 will recognize the 128GB sized card? I would love to move up to one in mine too, if so :) I use my phone for taking lots of pictures and video, and find that 64GB gets used up sooner than I'd like!

3. dynomot

dynomot Android Expert

Yep it does, and I have used 96gig of mine, my Note 3 is the SM-N9005, the international version.

4. jimbro

jimbro Newbie

Same as mine. Did you copy files to the card in your pic or transfer over usb3?

5. dynomot

dynomot Android Expert

64GB card removed from phone, added to one USB port on PC. New 128GB card inserted to another USB port and formated using this on PC from the SD association :

https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter_4/

Copied all my media across overnight (far quicker than the MTP option via phone and USB cable). It said it would take 16hours + and was twenty minutes off finishing 12hours later. USB 2.0 only my laptop is getting a bit long in the tooth.

6. spicaalex

spicaalex Member

7. jimbro

jimbro Newbie

Will do. Cheers for the advice

8. jimbro

jimbro Newbie

In and working. Got my 60gb of music and 12gb of pics on it with plenty to spare. What a difference copying to it. First cheap card I tried copied around 2-3mb/s while the SanDisk did 12-13mb/s. Not bad for mixed file sizes

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Note 3 release date was September 2013. Features and Specs include a 5.7" inch screen, 13MP camera, 3GB RAM, Snapdragon 800 processor, and 3200mAh battery.

September 2013
Release Date
Reviews