1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root now stuck in bootloop?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by 3Oclockslop, May 26, 2011.

1. 3Oclockslop

3Oclockslop Newbie
    None

Sep 29, 2010
    Contractor
    Slippery Rock, USA
    all i was trying to do was get back to stock so i can do the ota GB...i followed roOolers guide but now am stuck at the triangle with ! ...can anyone talk my dumb ass thru this?

Advertisement

2. Airmaxx23

Airmaxx23 Android Expert
    None

Jun 21, 2010
    Press the search button once you get to the Triangle with the !.

3Oclockslop likes this.
  3. 3Oclockslop

3Oclockslop Newbie
    None

Sep 29, 2010
    Contractor
    Slippery Rock, USA
    thanks...i just reflashed and got back to the triangle screen...but when i hit search...nothing happens...just like before

4. Bankswood

Bankswood Android Expert
    None

Aug 23, 2010
    Charlotte
    After you press the search button toggle using the volume side button to factory reset. Press the side camera button and you should boot up like the phone is new.

3Oclockslop likes this.
  5. Bankswood

Bankswood Android Expert
    None

Aug 23, 2010
    Charlotte
    Hmmmm.... Have you tried a battery pull? If the pull doesn't do the trick then pull the battery again. then when you boot up hold down the power and menu button. This should get you back to the triangle. Try the search button again. If this doesn't work you might have failed the SBF. Turn your phone off and plug it into your computer. If you are still rooted the phone will boot into CWM recovery. If so you need to SBF again.

3Oclockslop and SscoootzZ like this.
  6. 3Oclockslop

3Oclockslop Newbie
    None

Sep 29, 2010
    Contractor
    Slippery Rock, USA
    after i press the search...the triangle screen remains...the volume and camera buttons do nothing

7. SscoootzZ

SscoootzZ Lurker
    None

May 8, 2011
    Registered Nurse [Psych]
    Near WDW silos, FL
    OK. Well, I've read, re-read, and re-re-read. I imagine I'm just missing something yet, though, no matter how hard I think I've tried. Now, definitely asking for help. Any insight/advice/direction is greatly appreciated. Right now I'm watching my DX loop dizzily after trying to flash leaked GB .595 deo'd again. Here's my experience:
    1] I'd tried to do the same, though before was trying to flash the leaked GB .588.
    >>note: at this time I bootstrapped with DX Bootstrap from the Market<<
    2] sbf'd back to stock Froyo, following/using 1KDS solution. Regained full phone functionality & re-rooted with z4root.
    3] Read more and found the newer leaked GB .595. Scoured and found/donated to the TBH app.
    >>note: Bootstrapped with D2 from Market<<
    4] Prepped DX by doing a TiBU backup and then a CWM Nandroid BU
    >>note: CWM BU initialized from ROM Manager interface<<
    5] Took a deep breath and followed the sparse instructions @ MyDroidWorld for flashing the leaked GB .595 from CWM
    >>note: did not employ ROM Manager, though I did acquire the paid version<<
    >>note: did not wipe data/cache/dalvik/battery stats, though I'd seen this step mentioned in a few other posts<<
    >>note: currently I'm still watching my DX loop, and its been longer than the 10 minutes I'd also read about in a few other posts<<
    6] Preparing to sbf back to stock Froyo using the same method. In the meantime, it will be great if I could get some help and understanding of what piece of the process I missed...I'm sure this is another case of Operator Headspace. Thanks again for any assistance...Namast

3Oclockslop likes this.
  8. 3Oclockslop

3Oclockslop Newbie
    None

Sep 29, 2010
    Contractor
    Slippery Rock, USA
    i tried the menu/power on...just got the red M...and after a pull and plugging in...thats all its doing...actually a white M in a red circle

9. Bankswood

Bankswood Android Expert
    None

Aug 23, 2010
    Charlotte
    Man I'm sorry I stumped. Did you try to boot up while you are hooked to the computer? If the phone is still rooted it will boot into CWM recovery. If it does then you can flash a backup ROM and then try to SBF again.

SscoootzZ likes this.
  10. SscoootzZ

SscoootzZ Lurker
    None

May 8, 2011
    Registered Nurse [Psych]
    Near WDW silos, FL
    Nope, tried battery pulls, "wipe data/factory reset" from stock recovery also. The only thing is I was doing some of this on the run, eg not plugged to computer or any other charging sys (battery power only). Going to SBF again now, though, because I don't get CWM. Ah well, I love my life anyway and I love the learning experience. This is just a pretty steep learning curve...LOL...good thing I'm a Capricorn ~ goats like to climb, eh?!?
    Namast