1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Now that we can use the LED..

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jonhoglund, Sep 10, 2010.

1. dobro

dobro Lurker

So I'm guessing you didn't send it Musky? Hope not....it's not fast at all, maybe 15wpm or so, but it's bad code. Particularly the second group...

73 de Lee, AA4GA

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. NoShftShck16

NoShftShck16 Android Enthusiast

Really? I wish it actually said something. Like "you've got a text"

3. winespectator

winespectator Newbie

I must know.. how often do you use morse code?

4. NoShftShck16

a lot more if i had this app

see above, i have had to use it before

5. albnyblows

albnyblows Newbie

-- --- .-. ... . / -.-. --- -.. . / .. ... / .-- --- .-. - .... .-.. . ... ...

6. Mr. Boom

Mr. Boom Android Enthusiast

I think an app that sends morse code from the led, directly from what you type into the keypad, and that same app could then read the morse code from others, using the camera, and displays the words on the screen.

I would buy THAT APP!

7. NoShftShck16

I submitted it to the dev section, i posted the link above in the thread somewhere

oh yeah and to albnyblows .. / -.-. .- -. / ..- ... . / .- / - .-. .- -. ... .-.. .- - --- .-. / - --- ---

Mr. Boom likes this.
  8. Mr. Boom

Ha ha, i never even clicked on that link! Great minds.....

9. Musky

Musky Android Expert

Nope, downloaded it from Zedge ringtones :)

10. rileyra

rileyra Member

i dunno how you guys can tell the beeps apart, it all sounds like ... to me

11. Nsane1

Nsane1 Member

I just found out that I now have an HTC Flashlight. That's bad ass. I guessed this came with Froyo as I never open my app drawer so I had no clue.

12. CameronCrazy

CameronCrazy Member

Just fyi, now that we have 2.2, anyone using the SwitchPro Widget can now put the flashlight toggle on the widget. It would not work before and I imagine that it works with other similar apps.

13. callmeox

callmeox Android Enthusiast

It's like any foreign language. You need to be able to "feel" the rhythm of the sender/speaker in order to hear the code. If you don't understand Spanish, it sounds like one long string of jibberish with no pauses. Same goes for code.

Since morse code uses a fraction of the bandwidth of voice, it is better suited for long distance radio communications than voice.

I'm a no code Tech, but I appreciate the guys who work the code keys.

14. breznou

breznou Member

I am not if this was mentioned but LEDstrodeGEE works great, it has a up arrow to make it strobe faster and a.down arrow to make it strobe slower. I love this app. I found it in the market and i am unrooted. hope this helps anyone. Cheers.

15. -.. .-. .. -. -.- -- --- .-. . --- ...- .- .-.. - .. -. .

16. highvolts

highvolts Well-Known Member

GUYS!!! I found an app that does this!

SMS Message!!! You type a message and hit send. The person across the park gets the message and sends you one back and it appears on your screen!!!!!!

17. Musky

Musky Android Expert

DRINK MORE OVALTINE? What are you, stuck in the sixties? :D

18. Lifeguard17

Lifeguard17 Member

There are some of us who actually still use Morse Code EVERY DAY!
    AND while Sam Morse may never have carried a Smart Phone his creation has saved millions of lives, advanced electronics in ways that can never measured and ultimatly allowed for the tellicommunication system we have today. Here is to CW!
    .... . .-. . .. ... - --- -- --- .-. ... . -.-. --- -.. . -- .- -.-- - .... . -.-. --- -.. . .-.. .. ...- . --- -. ..-. --- .-. . ...- . .-.

19. Musky

Musky Android Expert

"Here is to morse code may the code live on forever" :)

20. Lifeguard17

Lifeguard17 Member

did you cheat or do you know cw?

21. Musky

Musky Android Expert

I'm a man of many talents! :D

Got my ham license back when you had to know code to pass the test :)

Long live the ARRL!

22. Lifeguard17

Lifeguard17 Member

I'm impressed! Not totally surprised someone got it quick. I became a ham when we had to learn the code as well. Still have the ARRL practice tapes..! wow.. now I feel old! LOL

23. Musky

Musky Android Expert

Yes, I made the mistake of "memorizing" the code, so I never could get my speed high enough to pass my General test. I ended up with a "tech" license, which I haven't used for forty years. And yes, we really date ourselves! LOL :)

24. YamiYaiba

YamiYaiba Well-Known Member

<<removed because i"m an idiot today>>

25. Mr. Boom

I think you posted in the wrong thread. That may be why you think this is off topic.

YamiYaiba likes this.

HTC Droid Incredible Forum

The HTC Droid Incredible release date was April 2010. Features and Specs include a 3.7" inch screen, 8MP camera, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1300mAh battery.

April 2010
Release Date
Reviews