• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Now that we have GingerSense, how about Sense 3.0?

Noob question, but I just rooted for the first time finally and am learning along the way. I currently have CM7 installed on my phone. If I wanted to flash this ROM would it replace CM7 or would it be added to it?

One last question, I have done the full Titanium backup but havent had a chance to do a restore. If this ROM does replace CM7 and I do the titanium restore will my apps and settings be 100% fully restored? even my app settings?

Thanks in advance, I promise to pass knowledge on as I obtain it.

Upvote 0
It will replace CM7. It will be particularly interesting when restoring via Titanium because we are talking apples and oranges between vanilla and Sense 3. My advice to all is to obviously do a FULL wipe and then restore market apps only. At least make sure you're not pulling elements of CM into the restore particularly if using the "restore missing apps" option. JMO.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones