1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Tips Now that you had your cases a while, who makes a top part that stays on?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by WarMace, Oct 20, 2011.

1. WarMace

WarMace Member
    None

Nov 10, 2009
    I'm joining your ranks as my D3 is in the mail. On my D1 I alwase had issues with the top half of the case would alwase pop off the screen (otterbox), and I resulted in tape to keep it put. Then my body glove case started fraying after 6 months.

So who's case is lasting, stays on using those tiny tabs, and worth buying?

Advertisement

2. imnotmikal

imnotmikal Android Expert
    None

Jun 7, 2010
    PC Technician
    Richmond, VA
    I have the belt clip case from Verizon. Not sure on the brand or anything, but it's like $30. I think it's Body Glove, but I'm unsure.
    Mine is holding up find, got it the day I got my D3, which was the week it came out.

3. bebbles

bebbles Member
    None

Aug 22, 2011
    I like to change cases often (germs, dirt and I like changing colors) so I buy mine from eBay. They are like $5.99 each and those cheapie China ones STAY PUT!

There are 2 downers though, one is that some of the cases make it incredibly stiff to slide open the keyboard and the other is that some of them will leave a little paint on your phone which does come off though.

4. DeadChex

DeadChex Well-Known Member
    None

Sep 11, 2011
    I have what I think is a verizion brand silcon case and the front and back have stayed on over 4 months or so after being taken on and off alot of times

5. bullitt6996

bullitt6996 Newbie
    None

Jul 18, 2010
    Armorer
    Armpit, CA
    I ordered mine from verizon when I got my D3, its the case with the built in kickstand. Not sure who makes it, but it's stayed on without issue since I put it on, so thats been since the device came out.

6. McJoshvitt

McJoshvitt Lurker
    None

Apr 7, 2010
    The Village
    Despite problems that others have reported, I have no problems with my Otterbox. When I first put it on the lower left corner didn't want to stay put. I took it back off and put the bottom of the phone in the case first and then snapped it in on the top. Ever since then it's been great.

7. Uronlyfriend

Uronlyfriend Lurker
    None

Oct 20, 2011
    I just got two cases for four bucks on amazon. Like Bebbles I was gonna change em out frequently and obviously they arent top of the line, but so far they work great, havent had the stiffness or paint issue either.

My major disclaimer is due to their plastic nature, im sure they arent the best defense for your phone, I going with the "you get what you pay for" philosophy on this one

8. Luzce

Luzce Member
    None

Jul 28, 2011
    I went with the cheap made in China version from eBay as well. 100% satisfied. The thing does indeed stay put and has saved my phone from quite a few nasty scratches. Whenever it starts looking ugly I'll just replace it and not mind paying another $4.

9. beowulf7

beowulf7 Android Enthusiast
    None

Jul 10, 2011
    Male
    Engineer
    TX
    The case I bought from VZW that has the kickstand and comes with the separate holster is keeping my D3 nice and secure. (Knock on wood!)