• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help NTFS partiton on 8Gb SD card

JumpinJupiter

Android Enthusiast
Jan 3, 2013
Hello everybody! This is about the 4GB limit on Fat 32 the partiton most SD cards use. Well I bought an 8GB SD card manily to download things on my phone while at school. Well I wanted to download OpenSUSE but cannot becuase of the 4GB limit.

So what I was thinking was make an NTFS filesystem on the SD card and also a Fat 32 partiton and give it something like 32 MB so I will not have to hear Andriod complain it cannot read the SD card. next go on the playstore and download an NTFS mounter and I should be good!

Problem is we all know this phone has a strange partiton scheme and I do not know how it would react! I wanted to do this in Gparted but for some reason it thinks my SD card is unallocated space.

Any tips?

If push comes to shove I will just format it to Ext4 since my computer has Mint and can read it. I could also make it exFat,too. Can andriod mount that by defualt?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones