1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General NTouchWiz 4.0 on the Infuse

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by kzone86, Jun 10, 2011.

1. kzone86

kzone86 Newbie
    None

Jun 10, 2011
    Hey, I'm a proud new owner of an Infuse 4g as of today. I just exchanged an Inspire 4G for it and I'm loving the screen, better battery life and lighter weight. Very satisfied with my choice. :D What I'm not loving is TouchWiz 3.0. Coming from Sense UI, its like going from New York City to the caves of Afghanistan. Please someone tell me there is a reasonably effective way to upgrade to TouchWiz 4.0 through rooting...

Advertisement

2. jsward12

jsward12 Android Enthusiast
    None

Mar 18, 2010
    Software Engineer
    Massachusetts
    I am also converting from the Inspire to the Infuse. As a long time Sense user (EVO, Inspire), Blur user (X)I agree that Sense is the best user experience out there. However with Launcher Pro you can avoid a lot of the dislikes of TouchWiz. I am planning on installing LP as soon as I get the phone.

3. tmaxey1

tmaxey1 Android Enthusiast
    None

Nov 7, 2009
    As of now nothing announced about touchwiz 4.0. I'm not holding my breath either. I bought this phone knowing 2 things. 1. The galaxy s2 would be out a few months after buying this. 2. It may never get touchwiz 4.0. I looked at all the features and benifits and decided I am OK with both 1 and 2 or I wouldn't have bought.

That said I'd like 4.0. And I came from hero then evo. I loved sense UI. But I actually really like touchwiz. I didn't think I would. But I do.

I remember how annoyed the evos blurry camera was. I remember the 30fps cap that took HTC months to admit. The evolution was a good phone. But I learned my lesson about buying a phone with bugs or inferior features that I would get annoyed with. Waiting for updates can really drain you. Like another poster suggest, try out alternative launchers.
    I also remember the thought that wimax would expand when I had the evo. It never has and probably won't now that clear is considering a move to lte.

Good luck with your new phone. That 4.5inch super amoled plus screen is just breath taking. It will keep me happy for a long time. Even after the galaxy s2 comes out and all the nerds brag about some quadrant test score or some other meaningless benchmark that has nothing to do with day to day use of the phone.

4. Aatos.1

Aatos.1 Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 31, 2010
    West Coast USA
    I have phones with both Touchwiz and Sense. They are both quite good, just different. The latest info I have is that AT&T has Android ver 2.3 with Touchwiz 4.0 for the Infuse now. As soon as they have it modified to their specs it will become available via their site. The delays that everyone blames Samsung for, are caused while waiting for the carriers to do their part. HTC has a different arrangement with the carriers. That's why their updates come faster.

5. tmaxey1

tmaxey1 Android Enthusiast
    None

Nov 7, 2009

What is the source of this info? It sounds like great news. But phone update rumors have historically been very speculative and seldom reliable.

Has either att or Samsung ever commented on this? Even via twitter or anything?

6. kzone86

kzone86 Newbie
    None

Jun 10, 2011
    Thanks for the advice, guys. I've put Launcher Pro Plus on here and so far its much better. The only thing I dont like is that some of my widgets don't work with it, and it causes force closes just a bit more often, though not so much that I would go back. At this point im just keeping my fingers crossed for gingerbread and I'll be happy. I read that Federico is working on a completely redesigned LPP so that will be better than any Touchwiz when it comes out.

7. BadFishCM

BadFishCM Well-Known Member
    None

May 31, 2011