1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Nuance Flex T9

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by bstavropoulos, Feb 3, 2011.

1. bstavropoulos

bstavropoulos Lurker

I am in Australia and I can't download the Flex T9 app. I have tried doing it with a QR code and manually via the browser on the phone.

Market returns the message: "There are no matches in the Android Market for the search: pname:com.nuance.flext9.input"

Does anyone know what is going on?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. bstavropoulos

bstavropoulos Lurker

3. bstavropoulos

bstavropoulos Lurker

OK, then, can someone suggest the best way to find out? Should I try to contact Nuance, or is there some sort of helpdesk for Market?

It just seems very strange that there is a clear announcement on 5 January 2011 that the app is available, when it is not, actually.

4. bstavropoulos

bstavropoulos Lurker

OK, I went looking on the Nuance site. The only place they actually tell you the truth is in the Support section, where this statement is found:

"At this time Nuance FlexT9 is only available on the US Android market. We do expect to make the app more broadly available in the coming months."

I use Dragon NaturallySpeaking on my desktop all the time and I was hoping to be able to write emails, texts and notes on the phone using FlexT9, as well as basic commands like phone dialling while I am driving.

I am amazed that a phone like HTC Desire would have voice search, but not voice dialling.

5. z_newb

z_newb Newbie

My question that i'm wondering about this keyboard is does it work for the rooted ascend? I'm having issues with speech to text option does anyone have a clue?

6. papazche

papazche Newbie

There should be other domain for Australia no?

7. T.M.M.L

T.M.M.L Android Enthusiast

I think there is a app called market enabler, to allow people out of region to download certain apps.