1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Nuance Flex9T refund only available within 15 minutes of download.

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by anteries, Feb 19, 2011.

1. anteries

anteries Newbie
    None

Oct 10, 2010
    This is actually a fantastic application and works on my wildfire, but with a few occasional glitches. Anyway I thought the refund policy was absolutely shocking when I read the e-mail receipt. Just wanted to see what you guys thought.

Advertisement

2. Nightwind Hawk

Nightwind Hawk Well-Known Member
    None

Jul 29, 2010
    Unfortunately, its Google decision. They changed the market to have 15 minute refunds instead of 24 hours a few months ago.

3. ericshmerick

ericshmerick Well-Known Member
    None

Jun 5, 2010
    Yeah, developers got all pissy when they realized people would d/l a game, beat it, and return it for a refund in the old 24-hour window.

I see the need for change, but 15 minutes? Really? Why not at least an hour, sheesh. Some apps take longer than 15 minutes to configure!

4. idavis

idavis Newbie
    None

Feb 11, 2011
    As a developer, I am not fond of the 15 minute policy either, but there's nothing I can do about it. I want my customer to be happy about their purchase. So I put up a video on my app, and I figure you can get a good idea of what my app does by watching it as I walk through the setup and some basic usage. I think that's a good compromise and should help out the consumer as they make their decision.

5. anteries

anteries Newbie
    None

Oct 10, 2010

Thanks very much to you and everyone else that replied, it makes me feel a lot better knowing that it's universal, because I have a lot of respect for nuance and their speech recognition programs. I suppose one can tell if it flat-out doesn't work in 15 min.

Good luck with your app making, I wish you every success:)