1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Number one battery Burner?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Papamalo, Jun 7, 2011.

1. Papamalo

Papamalo Android Enthusiast

Jan 14, 2011
    Male
    Master of bunnies
    Oakland
    Now that I got my phone to work faster, (thanks to jazziette, prodigy, and others) now I have a LEETLE problem.

I am having a battery burn problem, because my phone gets low power after only a few hours. I use PDAnet, (temporarily) but I turned that off.
    I turn off Wifi when I am not using it, I turned off bluetooth, I turned off nearly everything I can think of that might be running the battery so low, and I leave the phone alone for a few hours and it still runs out of power.

Anyone have any ideas?

thanks!
    :)

Advertisement

2. Chiryder

Chiryder Member
    None

Dec 21, 2010
    Chicago, IL
    Maps and GPS? I noticed that takes up a lot.

I think there is something in the settings that will tell you what is running and how much of your battery its taking up.

Settings-About Phone-Battery Use
    I think this for what is currently running.
    At least that is for my cricket Huawei Ascend.

3. Gmash

Gmash Android Expert
    None

Feb 3, 2011
    Male
    neither Here nor There
    Turning off background data helps a lot if you don't need constant e mail, facebook or twitter updates. You can just sync it manually if you need to check e mail, etc.

4. nuttmeg

nuttmeg Android Expert
    None

Feb 9, 2011
    Making you wonder?
    Lone Star State
    +1

what he said, plus if your not using the market turn data background off, and yes gps will eat your battery and most battery apps will also.

5. KOLIO

KOLIO Guest
    None

Get the app WI-FI STATUS from the ANDROID MARKET.WI-FI STATUS alerts you via notification bar if WI-FI is trying to connect.I've found this app to be useful on more than several occasions when WI-FI was spontaneously turning itself on & searching for a connection,even when one was not available.This app is very small in size (10 kb) & only consumes resources (battery) when WI-FI is initially turned on.A VERY USEFUL tool for any ANDROID PHONE.For more information on this app,see the description in the ANDROID MARKET or search for the article write-up in PHANDROID NEWS.