1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support numeric keypad available ("2/abc, 3/def...")

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Turkoes, Jul 22, 2010.

1. Turkoes

Turkoes Active Member

Jun 3, 2010
    Hi All,

Is there an app or a way to get a numeric key pad (e.g. "2/abc, 3/def...")? I've seen a few other threads on here but they're a little over my head! lol.

Thanks in advanced.

Advertisement

2. aderuk

aderuk Active Member

Jul 8, 2010
    underground driver
    croydon
    check out the x10 tips thread you can download a custom one from gimpz or something like that then drop it into your d/l file ,use linda app manager to install onto your phone then text locale folder to ajust settings

Turkoes likes this.
  3. Turkoes

Turkoes Active Member

Jun 3, 2010
    Thanks... although, it's not quite what I'm looking for. It seems to be qwerty keyboard(s), but I'm looking for a numeric keypad (1/ans, 2/abc, 3/def, 4/ghi...)

I've seen something on the And.Market and don't mind paying for apps, but only buy Sterling(

4. wynney666

wynney666 Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2010
    PC Technician
    Sheffield, UK

5. rosered

rosered Well-Known Member

Jul 4, 2010
    UK
    The HTC_IME keyboard from Jonasl on XDA developers does qwerty/compact qwerty and T9 Numeric. It is actually pretty straightforward to install and is free. Below is the user guide I followed:

Installing the HTC Keyboard On Your X10 - SE-NSE Forums

There is a variation on this on XDA developers by a chap called Gimpsta which I think is the one referred to earlier in this thread. Its the same as above but gives you the option to skin it (ie customise the colours of the background/keys etc) Link follows:-

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=654179

Its worth ten minutes of your time to give it a go, its free and its pretty darn good. I tried the HandCent keyboard which was rubbish and another one called Swiftkey which was rubbish too in comparison to the HTC one.

wynney666 likes this.
  6. wynney666

wynney666 Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2010
    PC Technician
    Sheffield, UK
    The HTC_IME keyboard from Jonasl seems nice, worked well when I had a little play, still prefer the QWERTY option tho.