1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Numerous Problems After Recent Software Upgrade

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by FiremanDan, Aug 13, 2012.

1. FiremanDan

FiremanDan Lurker

I recently upgraded to a new operating version as prompted by my operator.
    Not sure how much of this is relevant but I am now using Android Version 4.0.3 Baseband Version I91000ELP4 Kernel Version 3.0 15-I9100XWLPG-CL619441dpi@DELL150#3 Build Number IML74K.XWLPG

Anyway since I have been using this new system I have had numerous problems some of which include the following:

When dialling a number on the keypad page there is no option at the top of the screen for Contacts so when you type in the first few numbers, you are not offered a prompt from your list of contacts. This used to be a handy feature to save time going into the contacts list and where I might only remember the first half of a saved number. I can access contacts via the soft key at the bottom left but the contact prompts are no longer offered.

When searching, texting or using other keypad functions the keypad sometimes becomes unresponsive and then begins to toggle automatically between the alphabetical and numerical keyboard (i.e. without me pressing any keys). In order to reset this I have to deselect my default keyboard (which is swype), select Samsung IME and then repeat to re-select the Swype option (it often takes a few goes to get this to work as well).

I have noticed that the battery life is also far worse than it was (which wasn't great to begin with). I still have all the usual power saving devices in use and I close ever application immediately as well has having the brightness setting at it's lowest.

I am also having problems with the Facebook app and other apps that load pictures (such as news apps). Sometimes these don't load at all (even though I have an internet connection) or they only partially load (the page will load without the accompanying images.

I have also lost some very useful shortcut links I had on my front page display and I am assuming that there are problems with some other apps as well as I haven't tried all of them since the update.

I wouldn't mind, before the update everything was working perfectly well and I was very happy with the phone which makes this all the more frustrating.

Any suggestions??

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

Samsung Galaxy S2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S2 release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4210 Dual processor, and 1650mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews