1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Nvidia Shield Connection Problems, perhaps? Please help?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Melanie Wahl, Jan 7, 2021.

1. Melanie Wahl

Melanie Wahl Lurker

Hi, I'm experiencing a great amount of frustration and I'm really hoping someone can help me. I have a brand new Nvidia Shield I plugged in and it's stuck at the home screen. When I restart it I can usually move about 1 to 2 clicks with the remote and then it won't go any further than the home screen. Odd thing is I just retired my Fire TV because it was doing the EXACT same thing. It was fine for a long time and then just stopped.. Since I'm having the exact same problem with both devices I'm thinking it's my connection however the internet seems to be working fine at 1000mpbs. I have purchased a new expensive USB cord with gold connectors. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Melanie Wahl

Melanie Wahl Lurker

It appears to be my internet connection. I unplugged the internet and it started moving.. This device is upstairs so I'm thinking I need an internet extender... suggestions would be great?

3. Dannydet

Dannydet Extreme Android User

If you have an ethernet port on your router and the Nvidia, just hard wire with a cat5 or 6 cable. No degradation in signal...

4. Melanie Wahl

Melanie Wahl Lurker

Yes, I do. This would mean a wire running through the house and upstairs, however this may be my only real valid option. Thanks so much for the suggestion! :)

5. Dannydet

Dannydet Extreme Android User

That's my hookup at home. Wifi was crappy in the house so ethernet was the way to go

Nvidia SHIELD TV Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews