1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

NVIDIA Tegra 2 vs Epic GPU

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by badankles, Mar 30, 2011.

1. Roq

Roq Well-Known Member
    None

Oct 22, 2009
    Orange County, Ca
    Build your own computer. Problem solved and money saved.

Advertisement

2. badankles

badankles Android Expert
    None

Jul 19, 2010
    USA
    it was Samurai II: Vengeance. the description said optimized for NVIDIA Tegra based Android devices only. there are many other games with the same note, so not just one. where did you get that info?

still, that's fine if developers want to narrow their customer base (i'm sure they are getting a kickback from NVIDIA).

3. dbpaddler

dbpaddler Android Expert
    None

My bad then if there are many. I thought I remembered reading somewhere about them showcasing the chipet with games designed around it.

Though, maybe it's designed for dual core architecture in general in which the epic wouldn't qualify. Need someone with a qualcomm dual core to check it out. Just a thought.

4. o0Syn

o0Syn Newbie
    None

Nov 29, 2010
    IT - Student
    Milwaukee, WI
    I've owned mostly AMD/Nvidia my whole life and I have had hardly any issues, things are going to break someday if your do intense gaming and downloading. First off a FX5200 is NOT for intense gaming at all it is very entry level you cant even play WoW with decent Resolution and that game is O-L-D.

I trust Nvidia to make awesome products. But I do not trust the avg person to care enough about their devices to watch out for things like heat and then go do something about it. Instead of breaking it and then crying about it like a child. It's like the people that never check their oil or their tire pressure or the overall condition of their car and then bitch when shit goes wrong. Just learn about and care about your stuff a little, jeez.

On topic: I am glad to own a Hummingbird processor [​IMG]

5. NickBeamon

NickBeamon Newbie
    None

Jan 27, 2011
    I don't understand why some of you are against NVidia stepping into the android market. All it can do is help keep it compeditive and bring higher quality android phones. They have years of quality work and can bring alot to the table.
    I was a AMD guy for years and since they were spanking intel up to the core duo they forced intel to build better cpus.
    Who knows maby one of the other gpu builders will step it up and beat them.

Ive had nothing but bad luck dealing with ATI/AMD gaming video cards not handling games that i play. Nvidia cards have been great.

6. Shabbypenguin

Shabbypenguin Extreme Android User
    None

Mar 28, 2011
    Male
    see for me i am torn, i love nvidia cards but i love amd cpus. cuda is amazing, i mean sure there is ati steam.. but do they even support it? as for cpus bang for buck amd cant be beat, if you want max power then intel but you are going to seriously pay for it.

7. Wisenos

Wisenos Android Enthusiast
    None

Aug 13, 2010
    you wouldn't understand lol

amd cpu /nvidia card
    cleap, reliable, fast
    untill ATI brings our a real videocard wich will cost less and performs more than a nvidia card...

i'm using nvidia card with amd cpu
    perfect mix...
    i mixed a phenom II x4 965 BE with a asus M4N82-D and as vid card a gtx 460 1gb
    runs like a charm...

but now back on topic :p

8. Jmich456

Jmich456 Lurker
    None

Jun 14, 2010
    Sorry Bud. But right now AMD has the crown for price/performance in the videocard market. It has been like that since the introduction of the HD5X00 cards. I have owned both NVIDIA and AMD videocards and i can honestly say both are good. Only people who do not know what they are doing have problems with these cards. Unless it is a hardware issue. Though 99% of the time it is driver related (you have to completely uninstall drivers then install new drivers. Oh and maybe reinstall Windows about once a year will help)

I have been running AMD GPU/ Intel for a while now since they have best performance. Intel is probably about 2 generations ahead of AMD in the CPU department but AMD has really good videocards/price since the HD6X00 line has come out.

Let's be honest with ourselves. The Android Game Market is pathetic compared to the Apple App store. I have owned an iPhone 4 (which I jailbroke immediately to get good functionality out of it.) and they have awesome games. The best we have is only some of Gameloft's rip off games =( So it really doesn't matter what phone/GPU you have right now cuz most of the games suck for Android. And benchmarks mean nothing in the end. (note: I do not like apple anymore and have been a convert to Android since last fall)

9. badankles

badankles Android Expert
    None

Jul 19, 2010
    USA
    are you sure about android games? the android market is tailored to the device, so if the device doesn't support the game published then it won't show up. there are some really cool games out there, but i agree, there might not be as many right now comparatively.

10. Roq

Roq Well-Known Member
    None

Oct 22, 2009
    Orange County, Ca
    Tell us about your bad experience that mad you so emotional.