• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Nwbie question...deleting apps and storage capacity

Why when I delete an app does my internal storage indicator (I'm reading it from Quick Settings) not reflect the amount of space the app was taking?

I just deleted an app that said it was 2.5 mg and my internal storage only increased by 1 mg.

Do apps leave traces behind when we delete them? How do I get rid of an app completely and regain my storage capacity?

Thanks!

The app was Catch Notes and it was not on SD card...I didn't put it there, anyway...I assume it was all internal. I have only had phone a bit over a week and have not tried moving anything anywhere yet, LOL.

i had read last night about deleting apps, so when i deleted, i cleared data and forced close and then did uninstall. then i turned off my phone and turned it on again. but i didn't get my 2.5 mg back.

so do apps leave stuff behind? thanks much!

Upvote 0
@sushifor5
U need to doωnloαd a file manager (ie. ES File Explorer, Astro File Manager) to see if Catch Note left anything behind. I use Androziρ File Manager, it uses less space on my ρhoηε memory.

Most aρρ that I'νε υninstalled doesn't leaνe anything behind, exceρt blank folders.

Upvote 0
LOL...are macs disliked here?

seriously, i am not blessed with a technical brain...i have many skills, but confidently navigating the modern world of technology is not one of them. i have used both PCs and macs in past jobs; hubby decided he wanted macs at home, didn't make a difference in "operator headaches" for me, LOL.

thanks for the tips.

Upvote 0
If it did leave anything behind, you won't be able to delete it from the internal storage unless you root.

Come to think of it, I've only deleted leftover aρρs there were on my sdcarδ. There are no leftover aρρs on my ρhoηe memory.

@sushifor5, if υ use Androziρ and find Catch Notes leftover, I'm guessing it ωill most likely be on your sdcard. My suggestion is, don't delete anything else using Androziρ or any File Manager.

Reactions: sushifor5
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones