1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Nyc buyers

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by flip603, Jun 2, 2010.

?

How are you getting you Evo in NYC

1. Best Buy

14 vote(s)
    37.8%
  2. Radio Shack

14 vote(s)
    37.8%
  3. Sprint Store

8 vote(s)
    21.6%
  4. Other

1 vote(s)
    2.7%
  1. flip603

flip603 Well-Known Member

Just wanted to put up a poll to see how my other NYC Evo buyers were planning on getting their phones

2. phalcon

phalcon Newbie

I preordered mine at the RS at Reade St. and Broadway and set up my appointment for 11 am. Have yet to receive a confirmation call, though.

3. Ctrain24

Ctrain24 Lurker

Preordered mine from Radioshack in Greenpoint Brooklyn.

4. Scarlett920

Scarlett920 Member

I pre-ordered mine at RS on 11th and Broadway! or is it on 10th and Broadway?

5. rosscan

rosscan Newbie

Pre-ordered at BB Chelsea going to dunkin donuts to get free donut and coffee then at exactly 10:00 walking into BB

6. wazzap1101

wazzap1101 Member

do you guys think that I can walk in to either BB or RS and purchase an evo? I didn't do a pre-order :(

If not, I gotta go to a sprint store... I've got some not so fond memories last year when I was at the sprint store for the pre...

7. frankiepapa

frankiepapa Member

going to the sprint store on water st

8. flip603

maybe a 6am radioshack. but call ahead

wazzap1101 likes this.
  9. nycbhh

nycbhh Member

Pre-ordered mine from the BB on Broadway just north of Houston because that was the closest one to my work. Got an appointment for right when they open at 10:00. Tick...tock...tick...tock.

10. rosscan

rosscan Newbie

Really an appointment? The BB in Chelsea are not taking any appointments

11. rosscan

rosscan Newbie

Which is why I plan on being close by as soon as they open

12. flip603

thats not smart on their part to not set appointments

13. nycbhh

nycbhh Member

Actually, I was originally told that they would be calling me "a day or two before" to set up an appointment. After seeing some comments on this forum, I called them to find out where I was on the list and if people would be called in the order that the pre-orders were placed and was told by this second person "No, you should have gotten an appointment when you made the pre-order." So he let me go ahead and make an appointment then since I wasn't given that option by the guy who I did my pre-order with. Thank God 10:00 was still available or I would have been majorly pissed. Needless to say, there does seem to be some miscommunication at BB about how this is all supposed to work so I would contact the Chelsea store if I were you and see if things may have changed.

14. rosscan

rosscan Newbie

Yeah I called yesterday and today and was told that they were not setting up any appointments but I will be called tomorrow after 1 to say that they have the phones in

15. nycbhh

nycbhh Member

Weird. Especially considering that is the biggest/busiest one in Manhattan (or at least it seems to me to be).

16. rosscan

rosscan Newbie

I'm thinking they want the mad dash in their store

17. jkid23

jkid23 Newbie

Sprint store for me they open @ 8. I don't mind the MIB, did it before, and found it easy.

18. m3latino

m3latino Newbie

Preordered at the Sunnyside, Queens RS. I called yesterday to get a 6:30am appointment. However I might pick it up from another RS close to my house. Went there today and the associate said she would hold one for me if I came in at 6am. So I would rather roll out of bed early and drive a short distance than go to the one I originally preordered close to my job.

19. flip603

which store/area? what time you getting there?

20. Aldo Junior Ao2

Aldo Junior Ao2 Android Enthusiast

Same here Bestbuy in Chelsea. I live five mins from the Bestbuy so mesa gonna looka around 4ish am to see if there is a line. Hope to see some of my Phandroholics at that Bestbuy. I Pre-order mine there first day of pre-order if that matters.

21. jgangsta

jgangsta Member

bestbuy in green acres in valley stream long island//told me to com in soon as they open

22. flip603

damn thats early. doesnt that BB not open till 10? 6 hours would be a long wait

23. Kazrell

Kazrell Well-Known Member

I signed up @ BB in Yonkers. I don't anticipate any long lines or wait as it's Westchester. I will however get their around 9am just in case. The store isn't opening early and as far as I know they're not calling people for appointments.

24. Aldo Junior Ao2

Aldo Junior Ao2 Android Enthusiast

Oh i am not going to wait just going to see if there is a line or not. Do you remember the gears of war line ouch!!!! I am probably going around 12:30 at lunch. But since i live so close might as well take a quick look.

25. flip603

ha, that makes more sense

HTC EVO 4G Forum

The HTC EVO 4G release date was June 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

June 2010
Release Date
Reviews