• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

NYC? Incredible with a 3500? HUNGRY?? Read here ...

rsarno

Thank Me, Im Irish!
Jun 6, 2010
Do you have an Incredible?
Do you have a 3500 Battery?
Do you eat food?
Do you live/work in NYC?

If you answered yes to all 4 of those, let me buy you lunch!

I really want to hold/feel/try a phone with the 3500 on there but i dont want to buy one until i do. Im afraid i wont like it, but im definitely craving the extra battery life so im interested in "test driving" it lol

Hopefully this post doesn't seem as creepy to yall readers, as it does to me now after reading it back to myself ROFL!!

Seriously tho .. im not a weirdo im a business man wearing a suit every day to my office on Wall St. I swear i wont chop you up lol

You can even pick the place! (within reason please, im not rich haha)

EDIT, crap i hope this doesnt break some forum rule. If it does, im sorry just lock/delete it.

Do you eat food?
Do you live/work in NYC?

I really want to hold/feel/try a phone with the 3500 on there but i dont want to buy one until i do. Im afraid i wont like it, but im definitely craving the extra battery life so im interested in "test driving" it lol

Hopefully this post doesn't seem as creepy to yall readers, as it does to me now after reading it back to myself ROFL!!

Seriously tho .. im not a weirdo im a business man wearing a suit every day to my office on Wall St. I swear i wont chop you up lol

EDIT, crap i hope this doesnt break some forum rule. If it does, im sorry just lock/delete it.
Between this post and your picture.......YOU'RE FREAKIN ME OUT...lol.

Upvote 0
Dude save your self the cost of lunch and buy one of the cheap 3500 of the web that go for 10 bucks. You can use it for a while before it starts to go bad. It's worth the 10 bucks.... Then if you like it, go buy one the better ones that will keep a full charge for longer than a few months

Upvote 0
Dude save your self the cost of lunch and buy one of the cheap 3500 of the web that go for 10 bucks. You can use it for a while before it starts to go bad. It's worth the 10 bucks.... Then if you like it, go buy one the better ones that will keep a full charge for longer than a few months

Yea, this. For what you would spend on someone's lunch, you can get a cheap one off EBay.

Upvote 0

Wow i never knew there were cheap ones, i thought the only one available was from Seido lol

Upvote 0
Cheap - yes. Good - probably not.

But if all you want to do is hold it in your hand and play around for 30 minutes, it will cost you the same to order a cheap one off EBay than to pay for someone's lunch. And the bonus is you don't have to worry about this guy meeting up just to rob you, as you now annouced to the world that you work on WallStreet which in most people's minds = rich.

And hey, you might actually get lucky and the battery you order will last you at least a couple of months!

Upvote 0
Cheap - yes. Good - probably not.

But if all you want to do is hold it in your hand and play around for 30 minutes, it will cost you the same to order a cheap one off EBay than to pay for someone's lunch. And the bonus is you don't have to worry about this guy meeting up just to rob you, as you now annouced to the world that you work on WallStreet which in most people's minds = rich.

And hey, you might actually get lucky and the battery you order will last you at least a couple of months!

Thank you!!

Upvote 0
I got two 3500ma batteries with a charger off ebay for $21. So far I'm getting really good results, even though odds aren't in my favor that they would last based on feedback. I can get 48 hours up time with around 10 hours of wake time with 3g or wifi on the entire time if I use it for mostly email, text, and a couple hours of phone calls (not a lot of web browsing or really cpu intensive apps).

If nothing else, if it works for a few weeks, you can at least get a feel for how a name-brand battery would work for about $10.

Upvote 0
I am on Long Island and just got my Seidio 3500 in the mail. I figure the actual battery is probably closer to 3000 but that is still a nice increase from the 2150 extended battery.

Also the back cover if big but it looks nice...at least a lot nicer than the design of the 2150 back cover which I had to try and cover up some with a dremeled out silicone case.

Going to charge overnight tonight and see how things work out.

Upvote 0
Ahh screw it ill just buy the damn Seido lol

2 points pushed me over ...

1. Tarabetha reminding me that the cost of a lunch in NYC is probably equal to the cost of the battery lol

2. I read reviews on Amazon and people refer to the battery power not in hours, or even days anymore ... they use DATES!! "I unplugged on July 26th and didnt plug back in until July 31" WTF???? That blows my mind

Must have it.

It actually wasnt REALLY the size that scares me. Its the fact that i LOVE my innocase-active and i know there is nothing comprable for the extended. Damnit

screw it, im sold. thanks all

Upvote 0
Don't get your hopes toooooo high. I've got the Seidio 3500 and if you use it heavily like I do, you will get about 2 days out of it(although longer life is possible if you go light-medium). Got mine on 6/24/10 and it still holds 2 day charge(wear and tear on battery is reduced when the # of charge cycles is cut in half:D). Charge with the phone off for maximum life.
Here is the post I put up on day 1:
I posted this in the other thread about this battery. I'll post it here too in case some people are only following one of them.

Ok, it got here. To tell you the truth its not that bad. I does in fact still fit in my pocket. It has the same nice soft material that is on the original case. The shape seems to fit well in my hand.
Here are some pics (click to enlarge):

OP(and others): feel free to put these in your first post or do whatever you want with them.

Cool things to do with this battery are watch entire movies and sling(slingbox) entire baseball games with battery to spare. Also laugh at all the one star comments about battery killing apps on the app market. This phone gets sooooo much more useful when you don't have to worry about battery life. I'm in San Diego but you can send me a gift certificate.

Reactions: EgoDogg
Upvote 0
I tell you what, you spring for Ben Benson's and I will buy you the damn battery!! :D;):p

mmmmm Ben Bensons. What a great place. My gf's family from ireland were over for a week in NYC and we wanted to take them to one of the best restaurants in NYC (and one of the worse). $600 for a party of four. They were amazed at the size of the steaks (europeans don't eat beef in the same fashion or quantity we do).

Capital Grill is another great steak place if you are in Philly too.

Upvote 0
Do you eat food?
Do you live/work in NYC?

Sorry . . . couldn't resist. I know I'm late but hilarious none the less.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones