1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support O.M.G samsung moment update gone bad

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by joe_giles, Aug 2, 2010.

1. joe_giles

joe_giles Lurker
    None

Aug 2, 2010
    HELP..I wass trying to update my phone....and the computer said dont disconnect!! but it came unpluged...now it just shows...(phone)...warning sign....computer .......and it wont do any thing eles OMg help

Advertisement

2. stevenxowens792

None

Jul 29, 2010
    Have you tried updating again? Going through the whole process from scratch? Meaning battery pop, vol down + phone + end? Then trying to update again?

i am new so I am just throwing this out there. If you check there must be a button config to restore settings or factory reset.

hope all goes well...

StevenX

3. dntesinfrno

dntesinfrno Android Enthusiast
    None

Jun 7, 2010
    computer tech
    Virginia
    If you can get back into download mode you can still flash the OS back, if no download mode you are screwed....the good news is i've never seen this issue cause a phone to brick.

4. dntesinfrno

dntesinfrno Android Enthusiast
    None

Jun 7, 2010
    computer tech
    Virginia
    Actually this would take him to recovery mode, in order to reflash the phone he would need download mode.....vol down. + camera + end.

5. Stoney62

Stoney62 Android Enthusiast
    None

Nov 8, 2009
    If it just sits there (Like mine did when flashing to stock a couple weeks ago) just pull the cable and plug it back in. That got mine to recognize it and start the task at hand.

6. dbspartan52

dbspartan52 Newbie
    None

Aug 3, 2010
    IT Tech
    Ny
    While updating my phone aslo before i flashed it with a recovery .tar file i had unplugged my phone bc the update process was not going through, once i powered back on my phone i recieved the same symbols ( phone had bricked). You must hold down (vol down, end, talk) To send the phone to recovery mode at which you must then use ur side up/dwn buttons to select and the black home button to select. scroll down to restore and follow prompts from there. Hopefully u set a recovery file before u updated.

Samsung Moment

The Samsung Moment was one of the first Android Phones with a slideout keyboard.