1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support o2 just confirmed, no 2.3 for o2 branded xperia 10

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Panhead99, Aug 15, 2011.

1. Panhead99

Panhead99 Newbie
    None

Nov 19, 2010
    I have just received an email from o2 support who have confirmed that they WILL NOT be issuing 2.3 for o2 branded Xperia 10 phones.
    This being the case can someone please tell me how to unbrand this phone? I asked this question yesterday on this forum but didnt get any response.
    I am not the most technically minded person so a idiots guide of what to do would be brilliant.
    Many thanks
    :mad:

Advertisement

2. Merolas

Merolas Android Enthusiast
    None

Aug 3, 2010
    Male
    IT consultant
    Montreal
    easy way
    How to update to 2.3.3 gingerbread! In here - xda-developers
    Rooted and optimized
    WB-XPERIA TW Gingerbread V3.9.0 | 55fps, zOC, ARC Features, no Audio lag | 13/8/2011 - xda-developers

Easy way : just flash a generic not rooted, clean version of the 2.3.3 using the flashtool. Does exactly the job, might have to setup apn manually to get access to internet network other than that perfect just for the upgrade

The other link is for the extreme fast and optimised version of 2.3.3 but require root and some other stuff that might look like magic for the not technically inclined...but totally worth the effort.

I did both ways and it works perfect

Enjoy.

tmhmfc and Dunc-x10 like this.
  3. Dunc-x10

Dunc-x10 Well-Known Member
    None

Jun 10, 2010
    Just done mine working perfectly cheers m8 :)

4. Merolas

Merolas Android Enthusiast
    None

Aug 3, 2010
    Male
    IT consultant
    Montreal
    Glad to hear that

5. tmhmfc

tmhmfc Lurker
    None

May 14, 2010
    Edinburgh
    After getting fed up with O2 messing about I followed the instructions in these links, very easy to do.

There is one thing that's annoying me, now whenever my phone updates twitter or facebook (you know when it comes up in the notification bar to tell you etc) my notification light now flashes bright white and it's very annoying! Anyone got any tips for stopping this? Thanks in advance!

6. prassu

prassu Guest
    None
    Thank god I had flashed my X10 to a generic version to get the dual touch update when I was having 2.1. Now I have got 2.3!!

7. prassu

prassu Guest
    None
    I am also facing this issue. Getting the facebook alert in the notification bar asking me to authorise again. I think this is because I have selected the option not to sync the phone contacts with facebook.Very annoying. Also I use Adao task manager.Its autokill option does not remove this alert.