1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Oakville & Burlington Area Android Group?

Discussion in 'Rogers' started by mjschmidt, Aug 6, 2010.

1. mjschmidt

mjschmidt Android Expert

Jun 27, 2009
    Male
    In my house.
    I'm in Oakville (Ontario), and can't easily get to downtown Toronto for the fancy-shmancy "meet ups" of the Toronto Android users group, so I was curious to know if there were any Oakville/Burlington (Mississaugans welcome too) area Android users who might be interested in starting a local group.

You know, nothing special, just get together once or twice a month in a bar/pub/cafe to talk about Android?

Let me know if you're interested (or if there's already a group I don't know about!)

Advertisement

2. Megs

Megs Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2010
    Canuck
    Oooh there's fancy shmancy meet ups that I've been missing? /sad

I live in Guelph but heading into Burlington or that area isn't all that hard for me. Of course I'm going to have to wait until I get a job again before heading out like that. Anyways, I'd be up for meeting fellow androiders. :)

I know a couple people in Hamilton that have android phones. Not sure if they're social enough to come out to an informal meet up but I can always beat them into submission (they are my friends after all).

3. Delux

Delux Newbie

Jul 17, 2010
    Student/Cook
    Oakville, Ontario
    Oakville Ontario here aswell, that sounds pretty good lol, ive done a few meet-ups when i was in the car scene, id be down to do something, no doubt

4. surf_r_dude

surf_r_dude Member

Dec 2, 2009
    Canada, Eh?
    B-Town right here :D I'm getting alot of my friends into the android scene... hehe >:)

5. AmazonAnnie

AmazonAnnie Member

Apr 29, 2010
    Waterdown, ON
    I am close to Burlington and so I could drop in at a meeting - say at William's Coffee Pub at QEW and Brant (close to hwy and has free WiFi).
    ~Annie

6. vikingisson

vikingisson Android Expert

I'm in Miss but might head out for a meet. +1 for WiFI availability. Too bad there isn't something like the Linuxcafe which is where the Buzz crew met up.

7. planethax

planethax Newbie

Aug 9, 2010
    I am East of the City, Markham, but wouldn't mind the drive out that way if I knew ahead of time :)

8. mjschmidt

mjschmidt Android Expert

Jun 27, 2009
    Male
    In my house.
    Cool! I like the idea of maybe hitting a Williams that has free WiFi (there is one in Oakville too that might be more central the more Mississaugans there are. And i can walk to it. hee hee!)

@planethax: While i would say the more the merrier, wouldn't the T.O. one be easier for you?