• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root OBSOLETE - MOVED THREAD {MS323} MIUI v5 [KK]

crutchcorn

Android Expert
Jan 23, 2014
Sacramento Area
Hey guys, it's been fun - but now it's time for me to close this thread down.
Now that vm03 has worked to get all L70 variants working under one CM roof, there is little need for one version of a rom for each thing. This is why, after working with vm03 to fix the hardware keys issue with future builds, I am passing the reigns back to where they were origanally (as the magical zlaja84 showed me how to do this initially). The links here will be removed and moved onto this thread http://androidforums.com/threads/d320n-miui-v5-4-4-4-ms323-comming-soon.888686/
I know that he will take awesome care of us, just as he does his own variant! :) And I'll still be around and on his thread as well so I won't be leaving.

20140801-174655-banner-1.png

Isn't MIUI great? No? Oh, well at lease we have CM for those of you. :) If you answered yes, I've got something for all y'all! A MIUI v5 rom for the LG L70, MS323 variant.

If by chance you don't know what MIUI is, google it for screenshots and the added features.

Download:
So long, and thanks for all the fish.

Always download the latest version!

MIUI-v5-V1.zip

Changelog 2014-12-16:
- Initial Release
- Removed Compass, Market, Games, and Mi Band apps because they are kinda useless if you're not in China.

How to install it?
0) Please, read the notes below before attempting anything!
1) Download the zip to your SD card
2) Reboot to Recovery
3) Great time to make a backup so DO IT
4) Wipe Dalvik cache
5) Wipe data & cache
6) Flash the ROM
7) Wipe Dalvik cache
8) Wipe data & cache
9) Reboot after installing finishes;
10) Enjoy! :)

Notes:
- Do not install GAPPS and Superuser! It will break the system. For your convenience, I already packaged Play Store and Google Services in ROM, so you're good to go. As for Superuser, MIUI has its own libraries and apps for managing root access, so no need to flash anything. All things concerning root and root access are in the "Security" app. When you open "Security" app, go to "Permission" and from there manage all your permissions and root access for apps.
- I suggest you install WSM tools and Mi-tools (google them), as they are MIUI equivalents of Xposed and Gravitybox. WSM can even use some of the Xposed modules.
- I also fixed writing to SD card, which means that now third party apps can write to SD card, for example, uTorrent. Now you can download what you want!

Bugs:
- Back Camera not working. This includes Torch (flashlight)
- Lowest Screen Brightness Bug Screen will turn off for a moment and then turn back on (button press) upon setting brightness to lowest.

(These are bugs from CyanogenMod, and once fixed there I can carry the fixes over to here.)

Tips and tricks:
On the following link you can find some very useful information on how to use your brand new MIUI v5, please do take a look:
http://en.miui.com/thread-4409-1-1.html

Credits:
All of the amazing work being put into the MS323, all of whom can be found on my other thread http://androidforums.com/threads/ms323-cm11-12-compiled-info-help.887979/
And a special thanks to @zlaja84 for showing me how to port the MIUI rom and helping me make this. :) (and for letting me copy and paste his thread [emoji14])

Stop reading this and go enjoy MIUI! :)

yWu00.png

Last edited:
The link is dead..
Strange. Doesn't seem to be on my computer. However, to download this to an Android phone you'll need to install the Mega App. The only reason I did it this way is resumable downloads. I always have issues with downloads stopping on my phone and computer (or uploads failing) so yeah.

Upvote 0
@chruthcorn u have been the back bone of all of this...... Can we PM together and maybe me and u can get these bugs worked out...I'm with you. MIUI is great if we can figure out the kernel.....All props to you crutch corn
I'm honestly not the backbone (though that certainly made my day).
For that thank
@chevanlol360
@sammyz
Junkie
@vm03
@MikeHoncho
@biggiephil
And more. They really did everything.
Sure, we can, but the guys listed above might know better than I. ;)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones