1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Obtaining IP address Infinitely

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Android Question, Jan 6, 2014.

1. Android Question

None
    Hello I just did a Hard Reset for my acer iconia a500 tablet and when I tried to connect to my router it just says obtaining ip address infinitley, i'd like to list the solutions i've tried.

1. Let it try to connects for all night
    2. Did a light reset(the one where you push the paper clip in the hole) multiple times, twice when I was trying to connect and twice when I wasnt where I had forgotten the network.
    3. Shut down and restarted the tablet.

If anyone has an answer i'd be gratful, Ill do anything to fix it as I only use it for games so i'm not worried about restoring it to factory settings or anything.

Advertisement

2. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate!

Jan 3, 2011
    Scotland
    If it's been connected to your router before, could you assign it a static IP from your routers control panel?

What about trying WPS instead of entering the key manually?

Do you have another Android device? Try installing Wifi Analyser and seeing if the channel you're connecting to is congested and changing it in your routers control panel: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.farproc.wifi.analyzer

If they don't work, feel free to sign up and we can try talking you through some other solutions. :)

scary alien likes this.