• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Obtaining IP adress for 4g - Orlando

whtge8

Jun 8, 2010
When I try to connect to 4g it says there is a network available but stays stuck on the 'obtaining ip adress' screen. I am located in Orlando which is one of the upcoming cities for 4g. Does this mean that the antenna is there but not yet strong enough or what?

When I try to connect to 4g it says there is a network available but stays stuck on the 'obtaining ip adress' screen. I am located in Orlando which is one of the upcoming cities for 4g. Does this mean that the antenna is there but not yet strong enough or what?

Take the phone back. There is something wrong with it. And do it ASAP. I had the same problem with my phone. If it is at the point of "obtaining an ip address" it should find one. If it doesn't there is something wrong with the 4G radio. You can call tech support and they will have you wipe the phone, reprogram, etc. but at the end of the day, you are going to have to return it.

Speaking from experience here. Trust me. I got a replacement and I never see that "obtaining" message again. You can google the "obtaining ip address evo 4g" phrase. You'll see the same results.

Good luck.

MS

Upvote 0
Whenever you see the message "obtaining ip address" its usually the router or systems problem that its coming from not the phones, remember 4G isn't fully ready yet so the setup of configuring the 4G system isn't probably fully operational.

Upvote 0
here is something wrong with it. And do it ASAP. I had the same problem with my phone. If it is at the point of "obtaining an ip address" it should find one. If it doesn't there is something wrong with the 4G radio. You can call tech support and they will have you wipe the phone, reprogram, etc.

Did you not read any of the posts already posted? 4G isn't ready yet in Orlando. My phone does the same thing in certain parts of the city where we DON'T have 4G in Abilene, Texas! Certain areas of the city does have it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones